Girls, can I contour without highlighting or do I have to do both?

4

Most Helpful Girl

• the best result you'll get is with highlighting, but since contouring is a part of my everyday make-up routine sometimes i skip some steps and do the following. After I have applied my bb cream and concealer (I have pretty good skin so I don't need a foundation) I take a foundation that is much darker than my skin tone and apply it to the places I want to contour. I blend it carefully so that it can look as natural as possible and then I finish by applying a bronzer. I think that way my make-up has a lot of durability and does the trick without spending to much time and effort.

What Girls Said 3

• You can achieve results without it.

It's an added element that adds to the final result, but you don't have to do both.

• You don't need to highlight after contouring. Personally I wouldn't recommend highlighting unless you're really good at it. I've seen some bad highlighting. :/

• You don't have to do both.