When to bring up the "I have tattoos" question when dating?

I have a couple of tattoos that are somewhat awkward to bring up when dating. Now that it's winter I go out with sweaters and long sleeves, so she won't see the tattoos on my upper arms. I'm worried that if I bring up my tattoos on the first date, she'll flip out, but if I wait and tell her later, like a month or so she'll be mad at why I didn't tell her before. Or I could just forget about it, and ignore that fact I have these tattoos when she does eventually see them and hope she can do the same.

link

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I didn't think they were that bad. So if she freaks or is distant towards you I'd say to hell with it. Everyone has tattoos. I think if she's your girl. She'll love them as much as she loves you.

Good luck.

I would definately not tell her on the first date because then you can gauge if your gonna see her again.

On the second date, I'd say something like. "So do you have any tattoos or piercings?"

And then she'll ask you and you'll say yeah. and show her.

It really shouldn't be a big deal.

What Girls Said 3

• i wouldn't wait a month, but maybe the 2nd or 3rd date. unless she randomly asks you "so you got any tattoos I should know of?" or something like that. but yes, I definitely wouldn't do it on the 1st date unless she asks you, but definitely don't wait a month to bring it up.

• What are you talking about? Thus day and age, ALOT of people have tattoos. It's really nit taboo anymore. I have ten and when you look at me, you can only see one because they are well hidden. If she freaks out over tattoos, then maybe she's not the girl for you. Your tattoos are a part if you now.

• If she gets snotty about it, don't bother with her. Personally I use mine as arsehole filters, they've worked pretty well so far.

What Guys Said 1

• If you get to the point where she see's your body then she will find out. But it is nice to get it out of the way (I also have several upper body tattoos)