Why has the media conditioned us (both genders) to like less hair?

This is unnecessary. Back in the caveman days, as I said in an earlier opinion, we didn't shave or even trim. We just mated and fucked like animals and enjoyed all that hair. By the way, newsflash (for some folks): we ARE animals.

So really, guys SHOULD like hairy girls. The media has conditioned us to not find that attractive, and unfortunately, even I am by default now attarcted to hairless girls, but we SHOULDN'T be like that. That's why I personally would like to try being intimate with a hairy girl and see how that feels. I think I might end up fieeling and looking at her hairy arms, legs, and body really hot.

Now there even exist girls who don't like hairy guys. Again, it's likely due to conditioning where even the model men are now being portrayed with little hair and only muscle and height.

My question is: why did the media have to unnecessarily condition the population to like hairless people?

Most Helpful Girl

• For money. Women weren't expected to shave until razor companies decided they were basically missing out on 50% of their potential population and developed razors for women, meaning that women were then expected to be shaved.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't understand the whole movement of "The media forces us to like this". That's simply not how media works. Media puts in front of you what you will consume, because that's the only way they make money. You have a mind of your own, and you still like hairless women, it's not because of the media, it's simply because hairless women are thought of as more attractive by most people.

Hair's only purpose in the times you are describing was to keep you warm, and as a slight bit of protection. Other than those reasons it was cosmetic, and is now solely cosmetic since modern day clothing has replaced the need for excess protection/warmth.

Even in the time you describe humans have cut their hair and shaves their faces. Shaving of legs and other regions of your body became popular once technology made it more feasible. If you look throughout history you'll see it is even normal hundreds of years ago for men to shave their legs in some societies.

Humans just generally prefer less hair than they do more hair (especially on women). body hair gives a rugged look, and women are less attractive to men the more rugged they look. It has nothing to do with the media and everything to do with general human preference. Whether a women likes hairless or hair is pretty much a toss up, but for men it's about 90% of us prefer hairless.

What Girls Said 1

• Lol, yeah maybe it's a sign we have evolved and hey there's even pizza topped with pizza now we have officially peaked as a species 👍

What Guys Said 3

• It is partially true, because the same argument may be used for anything modern:

Back in the caveman days...
    - we should be toothless or have poor teeth (toothbrushes)
    - be smelly like hell (without bathing soaps and perfume)
    - have crude awful hair (without shampoo or anything)
    - die before our 20s due to flu (no medicines, doctors)

I believe that media conditions people, but many are just a question of personal taste, yes.

• I have never really thought about it until these posts but you make a really good point.

• Fashion needs no reasoning.