How to get the best results when box dying blonde?

I box dyed my hair blonde and all it did was strip my hair back to the natural colour despite me leaving it on for more than the recommended time.

im not going to wash my hair for a few days before I redo it.

What else can I do to make sure it actually works this time?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• First, don't use box dye. Its the worst and never turns out how it is supposed to and it does so much damage. You will most likely have to strip your hair, which means bleach. I would recommend using 10 volume developer with powder bleach from a beauty supply store. Only put it on the middle of your hair shaft to start. Then once the hair gets a couple shades lighter or almost to the shade you are going for, put it on the roots and ends of hair. These process much faster which is why you do them last. When you think you have gotten to the right color, wait ten minutes. The bleach will make it look lighter than it actually is. You may need a toner to get rid of the brassy color caused by bleaching. Depending on how light you are going, try Wella toners to take out the unwanted color
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...1712ab46e0.jpg
    Good luck :-)

• P. S if your hair is as dark as it is in the profile photo, you may want to go pro. Or have a friend in beauty school do it. They usually offer lower cost services at the beauty colleges :-)

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 4

• youd need to bleach it... that's the only way you'll get the colour. your hair needs a lighter base to work off. if it's dark, it'll only lift ur colour a tinyyy bit. also depends on the strength of your developer.

i tried it before and it was hopeless. I decided to go pro from now on, but yeah up to u.

• Some brands won't work in your hair, that's just how it is. You need to mess around and see what's right for you. If it doesn't work after the 40 min resting or whatever wash it out with soap blow-dry and do it again for less time. Bleaching kills ur hair, there's no way around it

• Oh goodness. Don't DIY going blonde. Leave that to the professionals.

• What is your natural hair color? What dye did you use and what developer? Did you use powder bleach or not?