Am I being too judgmental?

Now we've all heard about the Tiger Woods fiasco...

I've always looked down upon a man that cheats, especially when he goes as far to say that he "loves" his partner...

I personally think a REAL man would never cheat on "the love of his life" whether its his girlfriend or spouse... And looking around, there aren't too many real men left, I don't think... The man may have my respect on the golf course, but knowing the kind of guy I am, looking for a pure honest love, cheating is something I would never do and I have lost some respect for Tiger Woods...

Am I being too judgmental? He IS human afterall, people do make mistakes, however I believe love is one of those things were if you really truly love someone, you wouldn't make such a mistake... Its easily avoidable.

Thanks

I agree everyone... but when people ask my opinions on the matter, I give my opinion. and I just wonder if I'm being too judgmental on the matter for people to look down on me in someway. I have strong values but am I too judgmental on others?
I'm just trying to figure out through this example if I'm too judgmental in general...

Most Helpful Girl

• We are not talking about a guy who made a mistake here. This was a lifestyle for him, not a one-time indiscretion.

The way I see it is without using judgment to understand right from wrong, we would just do whatever and think nothing of it. By recognizing bad behavior in others and in ourselves it reminds us what we should avoid. What we should avoid is running around saying we are so much better than others.

I think good people can and do cheat. I would not be so quick to rush to saying that if you love someone that adultery is easily avoidable. Long-term relationships have their ups and downs and during a downturn if you are tempted you might make a mistake. People make mistakes and they should be forgiven. Even Tiger should be forgiven if he really shows signs of recognizing what he did was wrong. I think in his case the bigger problem is his ego and believing he could do this and be so blatant and nothing would come of it. His ego may continue to get the better of him. Oh, and I don't know that Elin is the love of his life. He married way too young in my opinion so I think he just saw that as a step to take that would not get in the way of having fun. Men in power have a long history of marrying for appearance and having sex with other women for fun.

• I agree 100%

but while I want to have a beautiful wife one day, I want her and only her. She would be the only woman I'd EVER want to have sex with, because she would be so beautiful to me!

• Sounds good in theory and you have a good chance of making it happen but it won't be because your wife is beautiful, it will be because you can stick with a commitment not to fool around. Unfortunately we marry with the best of intentions and misunderstandings crop up, arguments happen and feelings get hurt. That is when you see your partner as less "beautiful" and are vulnerable to someone else giving you attention.

What Girls Said 5

• I would want my "man" to not cheat on me. I believe it is humanly possibly not to cheat-you know what this is called? it's called DISCIPLINE and RESPECT.

if a guy cheats on me, I'll let him go just like that. it's likely he'll do it again. I will state at the beginning, I do not tolerate it. I don't give chances. I don't deal with bull-crap. sorry. I am not the type who cheats. I was brought up with morals and respect so I expect the same from my partner. I don't want to be with someone who's going to be a waste of my time and might give me an STD.

• I think it's just your opinion. I think it's a good one too. I'm lucky to have good examples in my life, my parents are still married and in love, but in this time of the world, I'm still worried that my future husband might cheat on me. It seems like strip clubs and women who are willing to have extramarital affairs are of plenty today, I mean have you heard of ashleymadison.com!? I saw a commercial for them and it was horrible, I thought it was a joke it was so horrible. Lately guys seem to be lacking in respect and the true "love" they have for their partners.

I think the chain goes, a man gets married, has a daughter, cheats with another women while still married, the daughter finds this out, and when she grows up she becomes the woman that cheats with the married man because of "father issues." That's how I think of it (; Hehehh.

• Your not being judgmental, I can't stand people who cheat, there is no excuse in my book for being unfaithful. I used to think he was a great role model... Maybe not so much anymore.

But then again , no one knows what kind of stuff was going on behind closed door's in their relationship , so who are we to judge?

• I can't understand it either... It's going to be interesting to see him play tournaments now, how his fan base will be affected, etc.

• You sound like a pretty amazing guy. I wish there were more like you.

• Lol thanks! it's too bad the girls I know in person seem to think I'm just friend material tho... :(

oh well... their loss! :)

• Its not really your business. You're not his wife so why care? That's on her if she wants to deal with that sort of behavior

What Guys Said 10

• Your feelings are your prerogative. I'm a little bit more sympathetic towards Tiger Woods, but I don't think you're being too judgmental. And just this one example isn't enough for anyone to tell you how judgmental you are--think about how you go about your daily life and examine your thoughts about the people around you. If you're worried that you're becoming judgmental, put some mental effort every day into focusing on the good in people/putting yourself in their shoes; that's helped me out a lot.

• I couldn't honestly give 2 sh*ts about Tiger Woods but since this is all everyone seems to talk about I will voice my opinion on the matter.

He is an athleate that millions of people look up to and had many endorsements focusing on what a great guy he is. What he did was completely wrong and now he is paying for it, I don't sempathize or care for people who cheat on others and then want people to be remorsefull when there are plenty of single guys out there that would love to have a women while he flashs his pay check and gets girls in every town.

• look tiger woods the golfer and tiger woods the man are 2 different things. as a man he is demonstrated that he is without morals. I have no respect for him. not only did he cheat on his wife, spend a lot of money on prostitution, but his little girl is going to be hit hardest of all. imagine being her when she gets older. the ridicule she will go through.

But as a golfer tiger woods is almost perfect. his passion, his work ethic, his never back down attitude, his win at all costs. are all very admirable. but the second he walks off the course he loses that. so yes respect him as a golfer. but almost no matter how low you view him there's nothing wrong with that.

but we aren't the ones who judge him, that will come later in his life, and maybe this will change him. I'll keep an open mind and heart for him and I want him to become a respectable moral man. everyone makes mistakes. his happend to be broadcast globally which is wrong. so you don't have to respect him. but who are we to judge his heart only god can do that.

• No, I don't think you are being too judgemental. I have lost respect for him too. Seems like another rich guy that thinks he can get away with anything. The whole "he is human" thing is a little old. Anyone can be faithful to someon. Plus, its not like he cheated once. He did it several times with at least 3 different women. The whole thing is being thrown in our face so of course we would have opinions on this issue.

I hope Elin didn't sign a pre-nup.

• well ur not being judgemental

cheating its bad

Im a guy

and f*** you for saying they aren't many real man left

cuz there are plenty

btw tigers wood its just ONE guy

and guess what girls cheat too

oh my god whatttt

YESS THEY DO and the tiger woods thing is simple

got famous thought it wasn't going to last

married a super model

horrrible mistake cuz

well boring and skinny and not freaky

then he figure out he can get more

and bam he did

he did made a mistake but oh well

and tiger woods didn't love her

he just wanted to get a super model

but stop blaming every guy on one guys problem

it doesn't matter girls got more problems anyways

• Don't worry: his wife will still love him (or his money)

• I heard if she leaves, she walks away with $300 million...

sounds like a deal to me... to get out and find someone that loves her. However with kids involved, it's probably a bit tougher to make that decision.

• For 300,000 G lots of girls would love to be cheated on.

• What do you orry about? Some overpaid "sportsman" has an affair, crashes his car. Who cares?

• I don't think you should be feeling bad about yourself from tigers stupid behavior.

• yes, you are.

• Half of people cheat at some point. It's stupid to hold celebs to a different standard.

• A typo is a mistake. A car accident is a mistake. KNOWINGLY and WANTINGLY cheating on your girl... its a bit more than a mistake...

As for Judgment, it hardly matters what you think, the only one who's judgment is to question would be tigers : /.