Is there an age when its too old to have a body piercing?

i was at the beach yesterday and saw like a couple older women and not even like attractive older women who had tattoo's or there belly button pierced at beach. i also saw one good looking 30 something with a kid who had a pierced belly it suited her but the rest really it might of not by that point. is there a point when its just too late for some piercings which are normally for younger people? like why show off a pierced belly if there isn't even anything nice to see?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there is an "appropiate" age to be pierced. Some careers may bear the need to take them out tho.
    As I'm sure you know already, after hitting 30+ one starts to care very little about what other people might think.
    I had a belly piercing until last year, and I only got rid of it because my dress code at my new Job is Business attire and the pants and bets would always hook up with my piercing (which hurts like a MOFO!).
    I don't miss it, but if I feel like it, I might wear it again in the future. I also have many tatoos which will always be very visible, and I honestly don't give a shit if anyone will find them odd on me once I hit 50 or 60. I prefer to be a badass wrinkly granny than just plain wrinkly :-)

What Girls Said 7

• i think after 30s ain't really great to have body pierings

• Well, I have tattoos and a belly piercing and yes, now I'm 21, but in the future I will not hide any of them

• No. What people do with their bodies is none of my business.

• not really an age limit. just when your skin is no long taut despite good health

• i think if you are in your 30's and above then you shouldn't have piercings except for your ears

• well, the "hole" won't go away even if she doesn't wear the piercing anymore...

Personally I wouldn't get pierced, I only wear earrings.

• I'm 27 and I have my belly-button pierced. I think I'll get rid of it when I'm 32.

• some of the women I saw had to be way older than 30's , it didn't really suit them much

What Guys Said 3

• As long as she is happy with it - She can wear it as long as she wants.

• After 30's maybe

• Piercings and tattoos look like crap on sagging bodies.