Do men even notice a girls hair?

I have extremely curly hair, and on the rare occasion I straighten it girls always notice instantly and tell me it looks great.

But guys always ask me if I got a haircut or died my hair or "used new shampoo"

When I tell them I straightened it they always seem surprised and ask "REALLY?! "

One of my guy friends says it's because no one realizes that I have curly hair because they're always staring at my boobs.

I know he was joking, but is hair really so far down on the list of physical attributes men notice? Is it only noticeable if its really ugly or something?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hair can be one of the most attractive parts of a woman, and I do notice when she's changed it (though sometimes I will have drawn a complete blank on how). It frames her face, tells something of how much effort she put into getting ready, sets off her eyes, and is usually the first signal a guy expects to get that she's interested.

Remember 'Scent of a Woman'? "The hair... They say the hair is everything, you know. Have you ever buried your nose in a mountain of curls... just wanted to go to sleep forever?"

Hair does have an impact; it's just that some guys will comment on it.

What Guys Said 7

• I really notice when a girl curls or straightens her hair!There's a girl I like who curled her straight hair one day and I went crazy (not publicly). So guys notice, just don't shave yourself bald.

• About 2 years ago, I realized that the first thing I've always noticed about a girl is her hair. I hadn't given much thought of what it was before that, I assumed it was a cute face, or body. But it's her hair. I prefer long straight hair. Then I look at the rest.

• Some guys notice, some really just don't know. Out of the ones who do notice, most probably won't mention it because they think it sounds gay or think the girl might get a wrong impression after one compliment.

• Yes A guy notices it. Hair is a big part in who I choose. I'm not down for any buzz cut haired women.

• Yeah sadly enough your one guy friend is kinda right, I mean jeez the same questions blond or brunette I say I'll have both hey if you got it you got it

• i ALWAYS notice lol. I love hair on a girl(her head lol)

• I notice a girls hair, the hair is part of a girl beauty

so you should also pay attention to your hair

What Girls Said 3

• It's hard to say with men in general. I think it varies depending on what other features they notice first.

Most of my guy friends notice when I cut or dye my hair, even if it's not drastic, and ask me about it or tell me it looks nice. I think it's something they've just learned to pay attention to because my hair is one of my more prominent features. I'm constantly dying my hair weird colors. And if you look at the pictures on my profile, you'll se this, haha. So I think it's more like, 'what's she going to do next?'

• Some guys are clueless to how a girl styles her hair. Most won't notice little stuff, like if you get it trimmed. When you get a haircut, straighten, curl or something along those lines they notice though. I know a lot of guys that notice long hair, because they love it.

• Yea guys notice. At least the ones I hang around with. I never ever leave my hair open. Its always in a pony tail. So when I did leave it open. My guy friends noticed it right away.

But then again. There are some guys who don't really know and they aren't trying to be mean or rude by it. Lol They are just realy that clueless.