Do you think girls would be so obsessed with Edward Cullen and Jacob Black if they were ugly?

I hear girls talking about how awesome both their personalities are, well what if they were not Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson. What if this was Edward Cullen link

And this was Jacob Black link

I bet you would find both of these guys very weird, creepy, and not appealing at all. It's not the compassion, love etc... It's the looks. And it's sad that it's always the looks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ha, this question made me laugh. I've never heard anyone say they like those guys because of their personalities. I mean, how could that be the case if they don't know them personally? So obviously, looks do play a big part in why girls are so "obsessed" with those guys.

I don't really get why you're saying "it's sad that it's always the looks." Guys do the exact same thing with female celebrities. Also, I think you purposely picked the most unattractive/weird/creepy looking guys you could find to replace Robert and Taylor. Everyone is attracted to different things, and if you have an awesome personality, some girl will think you're even better than Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner.

And just for the record, I don't think Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner are really even that attractive.

What Girls Said 8

• girls would most likely not be obsessed over them but honestly I find them just as ugly as the two you showed

• well of course the only reason GIRLS are obsessed with Twilight is because the guys are hot. I mean, you don't see any guys screaming and crying over the movie and books...

• Ahh the second guy scared me !

Yeah its true, if ed and jacob looked like that...i wouldn't be into them...sad but true.

• its the personality PLUS the looks.

if they were lacking either, they can go to hell.

Plus Edward is pasty and a jerk anyway. Jake is SEXY and caring. win.

• See, my point is this, if Jacob didn't look like Taylor Lautner, but had the same personality, you wouldn't even give him the time of day to even talk to him or even look at him.

• Its true, ugly people have no place in my world. :)

• I'm sure they wouldn't be.

• No obviously if they were ugly we wouldn't be attracted to them. Compassion, love and all the other qualities are good but without physical attraction you wouldn't be compelled to be with them. If Megan Fox looked like Rosie O'Donnell would so many guys gush over her? No.

• No.

Would guys like Taylor Swift for her girl-next-door personality if she were ugly?

• Lol I agree very much. Attraction always starts out with looks. If you aren't physically attracted to the person then their personality isn't gonna mean sh*t. But the thing is, is that they aren't gonna make Edward and Jacob ugly so basically since it's fiction, it really doesn't matter much.

What Guys Said 1

• Well to be honest I hate it because it illustrates bad relationships as good. Essentially it works out like this. Bella loves Edward even though he is a very controlling person that can only cause problems to develop in her life (evidently he does). She also loves Jacob even though he is a violent and unstable guy(that at any second as he said he will hurt her). So basically girls loving those two guys illustrates that those guys are the right guys to fall in love with. A guy who controls them and damages there lives or a guy who is violent and unstable. Neither of the male characters she likes are proper traits for girls to love. They illustrate traits of bad boys. Traits that interestingly enough girls seem to love already. Guys hate that girls love those traits based on those characters, because it means that good guys will now be considered even less attractive. In order for them to be considered attractive based on that book they either need to be controlling like Edward or unstable like Jacob. Do you see now why guys hate those movies and books?

Those guys do not have good personalities. They are actually two different variations of bad boys...