Did you get busted for dress code violations in school?

Did you get busted for a dress code violation when you were in school? And if you did, why did you get busted and what did the school do about it?

• Yes, I got busted for violating the dress code in school
  • No, I did not get busted for violating the dress code in school

Most Helpful Girl

• Once, yeah. My tank top didn't have wide enough straps (they were "only" one inch) although the rest of it was modest. They made me wear a gym shirt over it, which was awesome considering it was 95 or 100 degrees out, humid as hell, and the A/C in the school wasn't working. The next day, they cancelled school because so many parents got mad at them and a few kids had actually fainted.

Really. Really lovely. Best memory from middle school ever.

What Guys Said 14

• Yeah, a lot of times. Our dress code was a collared shirt (or turtleneck😂) and long pants, either khakis or jeans, but not standard blue jeans, only colored jeans were allowed. That probably sounds weird to you younger people, but colored jeans were hot in the streets in the mid 90s, hahaha. Laugh it up, but I guarantee they're back in style in 3-5 years, cuz I'm already seeing the godawful acid wash jeans from the 80s again, and those preceded colored jeans. That's when you're getting old, when you were around the LAST TIME currently popular things were cool😆 Hawaiian print shirts and bucket hats are back a little early, I still have my old ones from college, haha. Anywayyyyy... we were supposed to have our shirts tucked in, and during the winter i'd try to get away with just wearing my jacket and leaving my shirt untucked, got busted a few times. I'd also try to find loopholes, like back then it was cool to wear hockey jerseys, sometimes over a hoodie. So I'd cut the neck off of a turtleneck and just wear that around my neck with my hoodie and hockey jersey and hope no one noticed, and my school was all dudes so looking like a jackass didn't matter. But you could easily take it off after school so you wouldn't get your ass kicked on the subway for wearing a turtleneck😂 My friend had the best one though. We had a day where we got to wear whatever we wanted if we donated to some charity and wore a little pin, so most of us just wore shorts and t-shirts etc, but this fool shows up in a Marilyn Manson t-shirt that says "I AM THE GOD OF FUCK" in huge lettering on the back😂😂😂 So he got suspended for a day. Classic👍

• All the time thanks to facial hair >:(
    Thanks to our district policy all guys have to be clean shaven unless they have a medical or religious reason. I got tired of getting razorbumps all over my neck and face so I just quit shaving but then I ended up being stopped by staff members every other day just to lie and say that i'll take care of it when I got home, which I never did... I would just avoid the hallway I was stopped in. Eventually I got a few in school suspensions.
    Other than facial hair I once wore a scarface t-shirt that had him holding a gun.. and of course the teachers were tripped out and made me filp the shirt inside out

• No but here we all wore uniforms, either way i'm a goody two shoes and ex military so following rules is something I just did.

• I never got busted but I do remember we had a deputy principal that was colour blind and people use to think that that meant he would not be able to tell if people had their shirt tucked in or not of course he always knew.

• I don't remember exactly but they didn't what was said on my shirt. It was in 6th grade so I just don't remember what was on my shirt.

• Nothing exciting - Not wearing my uniform tie.

• They told me my skirt was too short. I said screw em, I'm pulling it up.

• Nope, never happen to me

• i got busted about thirty times and i was always in in schools suspension for things like undershirts and wearing a jacket in class i think it was pretty stupid looking back that they care about little stuff like that in high school

• Last year I wore a shirt that said thunder buddies for life (as in from Ted, if you don't know look up thunder buddies song). My principle came up to me and told me he would have to call my parents due to "my shirt having an inappropriate meaning" if I didn't change into my gym shirt. It was bull shit.

• Never happened at all

• Never had a dress code.

• once when I was younger, they thought my shirt was offensive because it said the word beer on it

• yea I never tucked my shirt in lol

What Girls Said 17

• No, I've never gotten in trouble for violating the dress code when I was in school. I never felt the need to wear revealing clothing to school or anything that would have been against the rules. My high school didn't have a very strict dress code policy though.

• Yup. The shorts rule was wry screwed at our school. If you wore shorts that we're too short but your butt and legs were thinner/mallee then you could usually get away with it. However if your butt and thighs were bigger it got more noticed.
    I once wore shorts that we're slightly too short that we're about an inch too short and I got called. My fried however did not get called with her crazy short shorts.
    I also got a complaint by teachers because of my shirt. I didn't have cleavage or anything it was just right and I had big boobs. And she said something like "maybe you houkdnt wear that shirt again it's a little tight", but it completely obeyed the dress code I just had big boobs and a fitted shirt.

• No kidding? I had the exact same problems! (I also had awkwardly long legs and arms (still do in fact)) and shorts were the thing that got me in trouble the most. #curvygirlprobs

• Maybe once because of a skirt. But that teacher was really religious and strict. But generally no. It was literally maybe once. I just can't remember if she chided me or actually sent me to the office. I think she just told me to not wear it again because I didn't have to change/get written up.

• Loll so our school used to have a uniform, but we just kinda stopped wearing it, so they changed the rules so that we only had to wear the uniform on uniform day and special occasions. And after the daily uniform got 'abolished' there wasn't really a dresscode. I forget to wear the uniform on uniform day very often lol and then I get detention so it's fine.

• Senior students in my school have to swear allegiance to the flag and we were required to go with our regular uniforms (not gym uniforms) but I forgot about it and, instead of going to school with my regular skirt, I went with gym trousers (It was winter so it was REALLY cold)... and they freaked out. They said that if someone didn't bring my skirt to school I wouldn't be able to swear to the flag. The worst part was that no one was at home so they made me go back to my house, change to my regular uniform and return to school... all before the ceremony started.

• Yes. I love hoodies and I had hoodies that would flatter my form instead of being bulky. So I got those confiscated and never got them back.

• The school I went to in middle school was a bit unusually strict. Straps had to be at least 2 fingers thick and skirts/shorts had to reach your finger tips.

There was one time when my teacher came up to me and said "I think your skirt is a little short." It was stretchy fabric so I just pulled it down... I'd say it was probably a little bit past my fingertips, but not trashy.

• Yeah, wore skinny jeans instead of navy coloured school pants and black flats instead of lace up shoes -_-

• sortof, once, i was in religion class, and the tank i was wearing under my shirt got caught, and pulled down, i didn't notice till my religion teacher mentioned it... it wasn't "slutty" low, but it wasn't in dress code...

• We had to wear uniforms. I would always wear a skirt and wear jeans underneath and take my skirt off after swiping in. They would catch me later on in the day lol

• No I haven't but I accidentally pressed yes.

• No, I'm lame and I follow the dress code.

• Not yet, I'm sure I've gotten close with a few dresses, but no one has stopped me.

• Skirts and yoga pants always!!!

• I had a uniform but I pushed the limit of what I could get away with too far.

• My shirt was too low cut I have massive boobs so there was some clevlage. That was my senior year of high school. I was sent to the office and I had to call my mom to bring me another shirt.

• I went to a Catholic High School and we wore uniforms. I got in trouble a couple times for having my shirt unbuttoned a little too low.