What do guys look for a girl?

Most guys I've dated are only in a relationship because of my looks. What really do you guys look for in a girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was just reading over the answers to your question and it's interesting that they all come from guys in an older age range (probably no choice because you're in the lowest range) but there are no responses from guys in your age group. As we get older, we do realize that there's more to a girl and a relationship than looks and I can see that reflected in the answers that they have provided you.

However, for your age range, looks are the most important thing. It is the first factor of attraction which is why so many (guys and gals) spend the time, money and effort to create a "look" for themselves. This look can be based upon many things such as fashion, what is "in", having the things to accessorize the look, but it is all completely physical. In social science this is referred to as creating your identity.

In order to us to have a relationship, the first thing we need to do is attract a mate and right now, you and the guys you're dating are in the stage where you're discovering your level of attractiveness. So yeah, looks are important. If you're dissatisfied with that, then look for a relationship with someone older, but that may not be a good idea.

What Guys Said 8

• Well, for one, tolerance! Any girl that can put up with them is a winner! Really though, it differs from guy to guy. Looks are inevitably the thing that first draws people in. But after that, it really varies. Personally, I look for a girl who is intelligent, mature (this, I assume, is huge for most guys), nice and relaxing to chat with.

But overall, the things that guys look for are as numerous as the guys out there.

Hope this helps!

• I think most guys are shallow. But if you look past a persons look also, you'll find that there are some guys that will want to be with you for who you are inside. Don't fool yourself, being attractive is a wonderful thing you should be happy and proud of. But having a relationship filled with passion and connectivity really connects you to your mate and makes things so much more.

• Has a Personality, doesn't care about what other's think of her, lives life to the fullest, independent and must know how to change a tire. Oh and knows the difference between transmission fluid and blood. As for looks, I'm always attracted to brunettes with light colored skin. Tan skin with dark or brownish hair is what I am attracted to next and then red heads with very fair skin. Must know how to balance a checkbook and knows the difference between credit and debit. Must know more math than me because the most I know is basic Algebra. Lastly, has had prior experience with boyfriends because those kind of women know when it's times to either move things along or knows when to leave the relationship.

• They look for looks. Lets be honest now. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand that no matter how "nice" "polite" "crazy" "cool" you are if you don't have looks your not going to get with many guys. For me at least, you need to have a cute face. And your body can come after your personality. But lets be honest, some might say its wrong. You have too look decent in order to get a mans attention.

• You answered your own question sista, but remember you can be replaced too, and whatever that other guy said about tolerance

• I want someone who not only can be themselves around me but I can be me. Someone who wants me and wants to be with me. To be loved for who I am. Personality, definately. Gotta have somebody smart with common sense and book smarts. Easy to talk to etc.

• Looks are important, but if you can hold an interesting conversation with me and don't have the personality of a rock, you're a keeper. :)

• We look for love we look for trust we look for fidelity we look for the same thing you looking for

What Girls Said 0