Who the hell buys expensive luxury clothes?

i mean, you have these US$ 600 jackets, $1000 SHIRT!!, $800 pants from high-end brands.
but who actually buys them in the real world?
i mean, if it is cool and fashionable then it is by definition highly targeted towards younger people, and all their poster models are clearly under 25, but how many real people under 25 or even 30 in the real world have the money to consistently spend on these cloths which cost half a month or a month's salary?
To afford those clothes comfortably you must have an income on the same level as someone who can afford a Mercedes sportscar comfortably, and how many young people can say that?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I do have a 600$ jacket, but it's a exact reproduction of the WWII bomber jackets made by the same company that made the originals and I had the pin up art on it custom made and actually painted on there by a professional other it's the only expensive piece of clothing I own though. And if I ever wanted something else like that I would have to save up a little at a time for months and months.

but I love vintage things like that and they are hard to come by these days.

What Girls Said 5

• I have no idea. Like if I were rich I still wouldn't give two shits about designer clothing. I've got better things to spend money on.

• Rich people?

I doubt anyone else even can...

• People who have enough extra money to buy those kinds of clothes.

• Rich people.

• I have no clue. I don't buy expensive stuff.

What Guys Said 7

• I would say maybe kids from rich families

• Rich kids upper middle class

• Definitely rich people.

• People who have it to waste?

• Ones who can afford it

• I buy luxury clothing, just not designer brands. I get them custom made. Bespoke clothing is really nice. It fits better, the fabric is of a remarkably higher quality, you look much crisper, you can have little details that really show off your own eye for fashion. Hard to beat it.

And the truth is, clothing (outside of over-priced designer brands) does truly follow the adage "you get what you pay for." The difference in quality is very easy to distinguish.

• My friend has $999.99 shoes.