Tattoos yay or nay?

please explain why

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 28

• I have one on my chest, back and a sleeve on my right arm. So, I'm all for tattoos

I'll also say that one of the benefits of having tattoos is the fact that people are so judgmental towards those of us who have them. Because anyone who would prejudge me because I have tattoos, isn't worth my time, energy and effort. It also shows a lack of character on their end because you have no right to judge someone that you do not know.

• No thanks. I believe human bodies are beautiful just the way nature made us, we don't need to artificially beautify ourselves. And apart from that, I find most tattoo motives rather stupid or silly. I cringe inside when I see people with a tattoo of their (ex-) boyfriend/girlfriend or something corny like hearts and stars or guys who are trying hard to look extra intimidating with their tattoos of skulls and bones or something along those lines. I think 95% of people who have tattoos don't think enough about their motives, they just sort of get them out of a spontaneous impulse. Of course anyone should be able to do that but I wouldn't want to have a girlfriend like that.

• believe me tattoos have always been in, just more so now. Guys will always stare, or glance much longer when a woman has tattoos ^^ in all the right places. Its a bonus when she's got the ink to align with her curves.

same thing for girls. The guys with the sleeves, and the sick back and chest tattoos. Its even better when the guys is inked and has the "six pack" and the beard etc etc

-_- its all becoming a popularity contest. We are the only species in the animal kingdom that mutilates our bodies in some fashion to attract the opposite gender.

• Depending on how it looks is where I draw the line. If its something with legit meaning, like mines (praying hands, cross, breast cancer sign for my great-grandmother), then it's okay. If its some stupid shit or a gang-related tattoo, then no I don't like that at all. But if it IS gang-related, it can mean life or death for some people, so if it's gang-related I encourage that tattoo. I'm not in a gang, but have family who are. They explained why they got gang tattoos and I agree with them. It shows your loyalty and who you are with. A respect thing basically.

• Nay. I don't think they look good. When I drive through a neighborhood and see where the gangs have spray-painted gang graffiti on wooden fences I don't think that looks good either. To me it's no different. Most of them look kind of gross.

• Yay. I don't like huge ones or sleeves on women though. Small ones are ok.

• Nothing is more beautiful than the natural skin of a woman's body so "nay"

• I find it attractive on taned skin colored girls only. scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...40097022_n.jpg and maybe a sleeve.

• I like them and piercings, dyed hair making rad fashion statements

• No i don't really like them. If its a couple, cute, small tattoos, then it'd be fine. But i don't like the dark, gothic shit. Especially if you have so many of them. Anything bigger than a heart or a butterfly is a no no.

• No when I see tattoos on a girl it tells me she's rebellious so it is a red flag.

• I don't like tattoos, they look like someone was in a gang or maybe wants to look "cool". I myself would never get one as I can't imagine myself being able to pull one off plus it would probably hurt getting one. Plus there's having it for the rest of my self and regretting it as I get older.

• If its artistic I usually say no. If its writing/famous quote that embodies what is important to someone, that's ok as long as its not obtrusive

• Always thought I'd get one but still haven't. Fail to find a "why" that makes sense.

• Not too many, one or two is fine..

• Nay, I can deal with some small, meaningful, easy to hide ones, but overall I don't like them.

• Nay, it's kind of a turn off for me. I just prefer the way skin looks without them.

• Yay always tattoos are sexy ;)

• nay , you'll regret later

• yay, because I have a few and I love a girl with some as well :)

• As long as they are well done.

• yay to tattoos especially if the girl has them on her thighs and her inner thighs. it looks sexy

• Nayyy I mean why would anyone want to destroy their skin tissues.

• Nay, but if you really want it keep them small and few.

• Nay they aren't sexy at all

• Nay.
    A girl's real soft velvet clear skin is the best.
    She looks most beautiful in it only.
    Don't know why girl like to make tattoos.

• a girl not having tattoos has never been a deal breaker but a weird/bad tattoo could be.

• they look cheap and trashy.

What Girls Said 14

• Yay. I wanted a tattoo since i was like 10 years old, and after 17 years i finally got one. It's about palm sized and on my rib. I think it's beautiful and has a small quote in it which has a special meaning to me. But my tattoo took almost 4 hours and i went in with shaking hands so scared it would hurt, and it totally didn't. It was a great experience, it showed me how tough i am and that despite what my ex boyfriend says i am able to commit to something lol.
    I don't think i'd get anymore tattoos, but i certainly like them on other people. I love the artistic ones and the meaningful ones. I love talking to people about their tat stories and the meanings behind them. Sometimes they're really bad or stupid too, but i think that just gives you an insight into the person who got them.

• Nay for me. I can be somewhat lenient. Nothing like tattooed sleeves or a massive one that covers his entire back, just small ones. But overall, I rather no tattoos.

• Yay. I love tattoos.

• I would say yay nothing hotter than a tatted European with amazing HANDS😉

• Tattoos are great as long as you don't have more then 3... Because then that's a lot and might as well cover all your body with tattos lol... I'm just saying... But I think tattoo look nice because its art, and has a meaning behind that art... So yay tattoos but not more then 3...

• nay... ...

• A big NAY!!

• why nay

• Well personally I would NEVER get one, I don't want anything on my skin that will always be there. Henna tattoos are okay though, they disappear in 4-6 weeks.

• a thousand times yay.

• As long as the work is down well and there's not too many of them.

• They look good sometimes but i will never ever in my life get one , so nay.

• Yey but depending how much.. There's a certain limit

• Tattoos are a huge YAY

• I dont mind them. So yay.

• I like very small, meaningful, word tattoos on wrist, neck, or ankle