I'm attracted to about every race but mine.

I'm white, and live in predominantly white community. But I'm strongly attracted to African American guys and Mexicans. What's up with this? I really have never been attracted to a white guy.

What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Many possible reasons, including you lived many lives in these countries. Reincarnation, which for many was a mystery, isn't anymore. Professors, medical doctors, engineers, even pastors...etc have stepped forth and told their own NDE stories. The saying "you can fool some people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time" is quite true.

If you're interested in learning more about this area, this is a good website >>> link

What Guys Said 4

• Your attracted to the unique aspects in life, you thrive off the opportunity to experience something new. There is nothing wrong with the way you feel- it's mere personal preference.

It seems like you may enjoy traveling the world to experience the different cultures, I advise you to try doing so. it's really quite fun and "different" from an American POV =)

Best regards,

ArtistBBoy

• Well it could be some negative experience you've had with them, or something about them that really turns you off about them or it could be influenced by the type of friends you have, maybe they like the same and it only makes sense that eventually you'll start liking what they like..

• well is it the way they look or they way they act or just what comes up when you think "white guy"?

• No thoughts really, just a big grin on my face. Free this Friday? :)

I think it's a bit abnormal your feeling this way about who you want to date, but it shows your at least open minded.

What Girls Said 3

• im sorry I never understood how people cannot be attracted to their own

• I really don't understand that at all. I usually assume people who aren't attracted to their own have self hate issues, but looking at some of the answers and comments I don't believe that is the case for you. Maybe you were Mexican or black in a past life. Maybe you are just attracted to their features. Maybe you like their swag? Not to offend you but did you have a bad relationship with your dad?

• I COMPLETELY identify.. I am white. I have never been able to stomach the thought of dating a white person, and I have only kissed one once and I had to be drunk to do it lol... I suppose I had a lot of influence to other cultures especially Latino and native, growing up ... White America is also a bit bland compared to cultures rich with heritage and customs etc.. I love learning a bout the world from other people rather then simply reading about it. You also notice that different culture have different thought traditions, different philosophies, and the older the culture the more imbed with wisdom... More interesting and diverse, and it also keeps me from getting sick of having white skin. Everything is more intriguing by contrast I suppose... Anyways I would not worry about it , as long as other cultures remain, you should have no problems meeting people of interest.

• Nicee to know I'm not alone (; you made really good points too.

• Thank you...... I see it as a positive thing really.. it keeps you searching and learning. At least for me, I had to travel to another country just to ensure I would be attracted to my first kiss... When you meet people for whatever reason under whatever pretext, you invariably learn about the world, more so when it is on you are not so familiar with... Anyways I think the world is a wonderful mix of people and everyone should just mix it up. Good Luck!

{Still kinda funny though}

• Not only do great minds think alike; they gravitate toward each other. Give yourself a pat on the back; your mind has transcended/been freed, from the limitation of time and space, cloistered mindsets/cultures ...etc.