Girls, What are skirts supposed to do?

I get that women like to wear them, especially as they get older and grow out of their tomboy phase butttt as s man, I don't know what it's supposed to do sunce I don't wear them. What's their purpose, basically? (Btw, I realize there are all sorts of types of skirts I'm just asking about them in general)

17

Most Helpful Girl

• I wear a mix of shorts, jeans, Capri pants, and sun dresses in summer. I just like to mix up my style.

Skirts and dresses look good on nearly every body type and draw attention to your legs. They are also cooler in the heat. There are so many styles of skirts and dresses, long hemlines, short ones, form fitting, flowing... Girls just feel feminine wearing a skirt and they can find a style to suit any mood or any figure.

Pants and jeans don't offer rhe same freedom of fashion.

What Girls Said 16

• They make me feel pretty and feminine.

They suit just about any occasion.

Skirts hug your figure in a way that jeans don't.

• to wear as a garment that doubles as
    a parachute

• They're just comfy especially when it's hot in summer since they allow me to move my legs more freely as opposed to jeans.. Also I think my legs look nice so I wanna show them to the world ahah

• I dont like pants that basically why. I think skirts are more comfortable, I feel prettier with them on. And it's quick and easy to take them on and off. The only bad thing I can think of is wearing them on a windy day

• To look pretty...

• To look pretty and to be an option if you don't wanna wear a dress but don't wanna wear shorts.

• they are comfty i love dresses because i can wear no undies and my man can fuck me anywhere haha and besides they are better for summer/spring haha and they represent my personality some how open and comftarble with almost anyone haha

• They're figure hugging and feminine and accentuate the natural shape of our bodies especially the waist to hip ratio 😍😍

• Sometimes you just want a break from pants and shorts, skirts make you feel feminine because according to society, they are something only women wear (Except in Scotland)

• Wearing a skirt means I look cute and I don't have to wear pants. I don't like wearing pants and I like looking cute. Therefore... skirts!

• Probably a stupid question, but, why don't you like wearing pants, and how do skirts make you look cute, like, why do they, is there a certain "look" that they give off to make you appear "cute"?

• I wear a lot of short shorts and crop tops once it gets warm because I can't run around my house naked because I have a big family. As much as I think joining a nudist colony would be awesome, it's not something I'm going to do. Does that make more sense or am I still useless?

• This guy is an ass. He needs a skirt so he can cover himself.

• They're just clothes. They have the purpose of covering your ass. Plus they are feminine and cute!

• Why?

• I dunno. I only wear them because I really like them. They're comfortable.

• They are fun and flirty. They are easy breezy to look good in, mmmmk?

• I don't like wearing them much, only when I go to beach or something like that. Because they are not practical and I don't feel comfortable and always have to worry about my ass being on display, especially because its too windy where I live. Just not fun to me. Sorry can't answer your question very well lol. And as for girls who feel more feminine in them, bs, I got curves that shine through whatever I wear, skirts would not make me feel more feminine, I like tights instead which hug my body :)

• Curves don't make a woman feminine, sorry

• Well I don't look boyish because I wear pants. And I agree, there are lots of factors that make a woman feminine, and curves are one of them, otherwise you would like boys.

• Not really

• It's just fashion. Skirts and shorts are cooler but you can put tights on and stuff to stay warm. I don't know it's just fashion
    Personally I've always prefered dressed and skirts, makes me feel more feminine

• And I love that you do lol

• They are supposed to be worn. Like any other piece of clothing.

• They look good.