Better make up vs better skin products. which is a better investment?

I'm 21 and last semester I was all about make up, I've been quite insecure about my natural face despite everyone telling me otherwise cause I've been so used to covering my acne marks when I was a teen (I don't have them now or they are very very faded).

Over the break I really took care of my skin, did some facial skin care masks every day, always put on sunscreen, NEVER PUT ON MAKE UP, and my skin has looked great eversince.
A guy friend of mine told me that I actually look way better with no make up on the skin but a little mascara looks great.

I've started looking into some good facial masks, and other skin care products; I used to always search for really good foundation and concealers etc.

which is a better investment?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I think both are important. If you are going to spend a lot of money on skin care products, why would you put cheap make up on that will undo some of the work of the skin care products? Or if you are going to go cheap and ineffective on skin care, why buy expensive makeup tthat you'll have twice as much of to cover up the bad skin?
    I persoanlly switched from drug store brands to Clinique for make up. It ended up being a lot more cost effective because the better make up meant a lot better skin and less products I need to use including less make up. I now spend about $40 every 6 months instead of $40 every month and my skin has never looked better. Also remember price doesn't mean quality. A lot of the best skin treatments are everyday house hold items like honey, oatmeal, lemon juice, cinnamon, turmeric, etc. You can make amazing serums and treatments for pennies.

What Guys Said 2

• I would think better skin products - It looks after skin better than makeup

• if you wear a lot of makeup, and its irritating your pores, that can cause a lot of acne. So I suggest you get really flesh clear and good complexion skin with skin products and then you won't need to use foundation. Then you will never get pimples.

What Girls Said 7

• Better food!

You are what you eat. If you have clean skin you don't need much, just a bit of mascara maybe. Lipstick if you're into it

All that make up and all those skin products are just there to imitate healthy, glowing skin that you get from eating well

if you feel your skin is dry use a mix of cocnut, olive and castor oil, possibly some essential oils if you have them, but don't spend money on expensive chemical loaded skin creams

• Skin products! Makeup won't help you to cover your flaw all the time. I mean yes it does but only for a short period. I used to be like you when I had acne problem but ever since my face healed I rarely wear makeup. Maybe you can just get a bb cream and a lip gloss. Spend more for your skin care. Don't forget the facial scrub too!

• if you want just good healthy makeup products, neutrogena sells them for a drugstore cost (around 10-15 dollars a product).
    If all you want is facial products (I have naturally clear skin so take as you will.) I use a banana, yogurt, avocado and egg whites face mask (use the egg yolk after you washed it all of, you dont need to leave the egg yolk sit like you did the mask) I leave it on for an hour or two, but you can do it as long as you please. I heard coconut oil is nice for skin, but I never tried it. Coconut oil is great for my hair and other parts of my skin mixed in with lotion.

• Skincare products for sure! Makeup is only temporary; healthy skin will last forever. :D

• I'd chose skincare.
    I don't wear makeup because I'm not artistic in the slightest and my skin is great.
    Eye make up is all I use and I haven't even used that since I was 16/17.

• Go for the better skin products. Make up isn't good for your skin and you should be proud of what you look like with no make up on.

• i think face masks and cleanzers, soaps, etc are always better! My favorite is Khiels