How do you feel about black guys with a bit of a preppy look?

I'm a black dude, pretty well built and athletic looking at 5'11 205lbs. I haven't noticed it much until returning back from my first year at a senior military college that I realized I have a bit of a preppy look. People say I tend to have a bit of a serious demeanor unless I'm really socializing or buzzed, and that I look maybe 5+ years older than I am and that I probably have some mansion up on the hills as some super successful guy or something. I'd honestly never known what the preppy look was until a friend said, "You look like a preppy black kid that also listens to a lot of trap and drill music," and researched it. I don't know I've always been attracted more towards polo assn, Ralph Lauren, tommy Hilfiger, Michael kors, orient, seiko, and mmaayybbeee Ferragamo and other low end designer brands vs Nike, Adidas, Hollister, etc. And boat shoes with a twist vs hi tops. Though sometimes I guess I do pull off a preppy look with a bit of a street twist. Me and my friends all grew up in the same inner city place, share a lot of ideas I don't look down on anyone and fit in socially with them but I do stand out quite a bit when with my boys. What does everyone think about that? And ladies do you see anything wrong with that look on a black guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer preppy black guys. I only like super skinny and conservative black guys. If they are not conservative or not thing then its like whatever.

What Girls Said 9

• I like guys with that sort of look, and neat looks look good on black men, but that's just my opinion lol. As long as you look good I don't see anything wrong with being preppy. I find that mysterious and interesting :)

• Do whatever makes you happy, bro.

• I think that's a very good look. I don't think just because of race you couldn't pull of the look haha.

• That actually sounds awesome

• You sound perfect to me, add me on snap?

• l like that type of look. Guys who are dressed "preppy" look like they have it together. I like many different looks, and preppy is definitely one of them!

• No that's pretty awesome style , nothing wrong with being different :)

• I think he look ridiculous

• i like them.

What Guys Said 2

• It sounds like a okay look to have to me - Whatever you feel comfortable with

• as long as their not a l=@G