Should all girls wear bikinis?

I've toyed with the idea of wearing a bikini type swimsuit, but probably never will. A big reason is because of my religion, and wanting to be more modest. (I would maybe wear skirt, and a "crop top" top). The other big reason was because, going to beach I saw a lot of girls who didn't particuarly look great in a bikini, and I was afraid that I wouldn't look good either. I know wearing a bikini can be a confidence builder, but do you think all girls should do it? I personally think any girl is allowed to wear a bikini, but I would hope they wouldn't wear a bikini if it didn't exactly compliment them. What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, if body confidence is the only problem you're having, I can tell you right now that you would look amazing (btw I love the dress you're wearing in your pic!)!
    But modesty... yeah. I'm looking to be more modest in the way I dress as well. Recently I bought this really cute bathing suit, it has a skirt attached and it looks like a cute dress, but made out of bikini fabric. So if you're looking to wear something modest while swimming that could be great for you. Those are cute and fashionable and won't make you feel left out.

Should everyone wear a bikini? Honestly, I really want to say yes... But I have to say no. Not everyone can pull off a tight dress or skinny jeans, not everyone can pull off a bikini even though quality and cut can help tremendously when choosing the right one for your bodytype. I'm overweight and I won't wear them anymore (I used to be skinny and wear them, but since I gained so much weight I stopped).

But if other people feel comfortable wearing them, then I don't care, not for me to say or judge I guess.

• Thank you very much. One of the best answers on here. That sounds like a cute swimsuit! I agree that people should dress to compliment their body type.

• Wow thanks for MHO :) I'm very happy I could help you out :)
      I got mine from Aliexpress :)

• You're so welcome! And thanks! I'll have to look it up

What Guys Said 10

• It is up to the girl whether or not she wears a bikini or not.

• You wear what's comfortable sweetie!

• yea why not especially if she's good looking

• No, not all girls should wear bikinis. If you don't have the body for it, it's only going to emphasize that. On the other side of that coin, if you look good in one, by all means wear one. If that is you on your profile, I'd say you should wear one.

• I agree with you. And thank you! :)

• * Yes that is me. lol

• I think they should wear it if it looks good on them. Otherwise it's getting away with indecent exposure lol

• All of them girls? Nah they can wear whatever they like

• As long as she feels comfortable in it, I have no problem with any girl wearing one. Although, frome one's perspective, it might not be such a pleasant sight. But then again, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• they should wear it to gym

• Oh? That's interesting

• All girls should if they feel like :)

• I am always amazed at the larger women who wear them...

img3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...oman_in_bikinis.jpg

• I guess it's their way of saying, "Hey, I know I'm bigger, but I'm happy with me, and confident with myself".

• A bigger girl can look fabulous in a bikini. Weight doesn't matter as much as proportions do. Otherwise, I don't see how it's empowering to go out wearing something that clearly doesn't look good on you

• no... sorry... bigger girls never look good in a bikini

What Girls Said 7

• I don't see why everyone should wear a bikini.. It bothers me that most stores here sell only identical bikinis, at least for young women. I 'd like to try on different styles but I can't find a place that sells them.. It makes sense that a woman would be more confident in a swimsuit style that looks good on her

• Girls should be able to wear whatever swimwear, at whatever level of modesty that they are comfortable wearing. That said, I think there are some girls and women who probably need to visualize what others see when they are wearing some bikinis in public.

I'm thin, with smaller breasts (B-cup) and I still kinda worry sometimes about either showing too much or not looking too good when I wear a bikini. My guy, bless his heart would never tell me that I didn't look good in a too tight or too loose bikini. I think he just likes the view no matter what. = }

If you are self conscious about wearing a bikini or other swimwear at the beach try a cover up. Remember, almost every girl at the beach is worrying how they look in their bikini too!

Same goes for big hairy guys wearing super tight speedos, we saw this guy last weekend at the ocean wearing a red speedo suit that showed everything under it, he had nothing to show off! Then there was the chest and back hair, could have sworn he was wearing a sweater with his speedo!! Icky!!

• I'm about the same size as you describe yourself. I'm sure you look great :-)

That must've been a.. interesting sight to see

• I can wear what I want too a leopard speedo.

• any girl should be ALLOWED to wear a bikini, but they shouldn't be compelled solely because others wear them.
    But sure, up to you... one could always wear a cover up over a bikini if she wanted to

• If a girl wants to wear a bikini she should get to. If she wants to wear more than a bikini then she should get to. Its HER choice.

• Assuming they aren't breaking any laws, girls & women should feel free to dress as they choose & in a manner that they are comfortable with, whether ultra-modest, ultra-sexy, or anything in between.

I love wearing bikinis. I am athletic so my body is very firm.

• All girls should if they want to

• I dont have an issue with their shape or size. but I dont agree with sexualizing little girls like 5 year Olds with bikinis.

• I totally agree. We saw very young girls wearing bikinis already. What is this world coming to?

• Well I think society just doesn't favor modest clothing like it used to. We want what's sexy, and sexy is whatever is more revealing. I don't have a problem with it though, women should wear whatever. They're adults and can make their own decisions. But it's just wrong for projecting that kind of image at a ridiculously young age. They should embrace their innocence while they still have it. Another thing I hate is the pressure for young girls to wear bikinis. I remember going to a pool party when I was 12 and every girl except me was wearing a bikini, I felt like if everyone else has one than I should too. I wish bikinis weren't so popular especially on the media, so I wouldn't feel pressured into getting one.

• Exactly! I have yet to wear one... well actually I wore one twice as an 8 year old. But that's about it. I wouldn't wear one now. There are plenty of cute (modest) swimsuits.