Girls, any advice for taking care of thick and wavy hair?

I hate my hair. As i said, it is very thick and wavy. It gets frizzy easily, and it is always dry, coarse, and fluffy. I really want it to be smoother, shinier, and more healthy looking. And I'd also like to reduce the frizziness.

Do any of you have to deal with the same issue? If so, how do you keep your hair silky and healthy? I'm asking girls in particular because i doubt most guys know what they're talking about. So any tips?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) Find shampoo and condition that suits your hair type.

2) Use coconut oil or olive oil in your hair. Heat it up and apply it evenly. Leave it in for 30 mins-1 hour, then wash it out with minimal shampoo. Do that a couple times a week.

3) Try not to shampoo and condition every single day, and not twice a day or anything, because it dries out the natural oils in your hair and can contribute to dryness and frizziness.

4) They also sell anit-frizz serums. I've never tried them, but you could look into that.

Good luck!

What Girls Said 4

• Use Afro hair conditioners or do a keratin treatment

• Deep conditioning and protective styles are the key

• I myself have thick wavy hair, I hate the humidity too! mine isn't coarse though I suggest using Head and Shoulders shampoo it's great I'm a swimmer so that works great. I also love Herbal Essences just as good. I hope that helped.

• Buy some keratin. just be careful because it's bad for your hair. Or buy the Loreal extra ordinary oil thing and it will make your hair shiny! Guaranteed. My hair looks really pretty and shiny when I use it.

• Another person also suggested the keratin hair treatment, but if its damaging to your hair, then why would you do it?

• Because keratin is known to make hair look straighter. Usually, girls with really frizzy African hair use it sometimes.

• Do you go to a salon or barber shop to get it done, or do you buy it and do it at home yourself.