Girls, Walking around in public in high heels?

My birthday is coming up and I'm going out. I'm being treated to a nice dinner in the city and I need to dress nice.
Have you ever worn high heels in public when you need to walk around a lot?
I have a pair of heels that aren't too high and relatively broken in, so I think it'll be okay.
Any tips for wearing heels for a long period of time with a lot of walking around?

6

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep your back straight, it takes less pressure off of your calves. Make sure you rest, if your feet being to hurt (even the slightest) rest for at least a couple of minutes before you start walking again. Keep your mind off the heels, you'll be having so much fun you forget that they are on your feet. Hope this helps!

What Girls Said 5

• Best to wear heels that aren't too high, so that you can walk comfortably in it and not always trying not to fall and ended up not having any fun at all.

And yes, I've wore high heels and walked for around 8 hours around the city. It's crazy! But I wore wedges heels, so it's still kinda okay for me to walk around. Take some rest in between walks so that your feet can rest.

• Of course its fine :) just make sure that you at least sit down when you can to rest your feet, and make sure the high heels are comfortable enough for walking :)

• Heels are fine for walking around in as long as you know they're comfortable. I usually put bandaids on the back of my heels if I'm going to be walking in heels for more than an hour :)

• You can walk around in public in high heels.

• I love high heels and I wear them often
    If you feel comfortable in those shoes you should.. But it depends on the person, I could go all day running and walking around in high heels, but my friend can't do it for like 10mins straight
    So try wearing them around your house and see how you're managing