Do you really think that eyes are the windows to the soul?

Do you? Or don't you? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I believe I can tell how a guy feels by looking at his eyes. Sometimes it's apathy, sometimes it's joy or tiredness so in that regard eyes are like windows, you read them as how they feel and shows how sensitive you are to their feelings or 'soul'

What Girls Said 4

• Yes - why else would we need them? the other senses could get us along just fine in life. besides, haven't you ever had intense butterflies when you "clicked' with somebody just by holding eye contact? You can see a person's truth in their eyes!

• yea, I can see a lot of emotions there

• i don't know anymore. I've met people who can fake sincerity so well that it even shows in their eyes.

my ex ruined this for me, because in his eyes it seemed like he loved me, but I'm guessing he just loved the moment and not me, and he's with someone new now, but just a few days ago I see that look in his eyes that sparkle.

i don't trust that the eyes are the window to the soul anymore. I think lying has stepped up a notch and can mask whatever is seen in a person's eyes.

• Yes, that's probably why liars have a hard time looking people in the eye.

What Guys Said 2

• No, I don't believe in the 'soul', I can however lose myself looking into the eyes of a girl... I appreciate the size and colour. If my eyes were 'windows to the soul' I'd have a very difficult time, I have smallish eyes and can at time be colourful a deep ocean blue... but other than that they are only used for seeing... eye contact is about looking at them because they are attractive to you, nothing else in my opinion...

• Would that mean that blind people have no way to show their souls?