Girls, Shall I cut my hair shorter for the heat of summer?

I have long hair, and wear it up in different styles every summer. It gets hot wear I live in the southern US. Shall I just cut it shorter for the summer or just continue to wear it up. During the fall and spring, I can wear it down some. During the winter, I wear it down most of the time. What do you think?

9

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, definitely. And it will also help your hair grow faster (always has for me) mine was to my butt and I was dying from the heat. I cut it to my shoulders. And I even got sooooo many compliments because it had been long for so long. And I feel so much better. Definitely do it!!

What Girls Said 8

• If you look good with short hair, then i'd go for it. Hair grows back and with special serums, you can make your hair grow back even faster for fall and winter.
    I get what you mean, where I live its 115 degrees right now lol!
    But you could just tie your hair up in buns, topknot buns, ponytails, etc.
    That might actually be a better option.
    When your hair is short its not going to be able to stay up in a ponytail and it will lie on your neck, giving you discomfort and making you hot again, unless its short enough to be a pixie cut which you could also rock, then it wouldn't be an issue. But with your long hair, you can wear it down when you want and tie it up when you get hot so its out of your face and neck and back. Also, if you have bangs, that is also whats going to cause you discomfort and possibly adult acne. So if you have em, consider trimming them.

• How do you know if you can carry off the pixie cut look?

• Pixie cuts usually look better on oval or longer faces. For example, Anne Hathaway. She looked awesome in a pixie cut.
      And actually, pixie cuts are easier, you don't spend so much time in the morning, showers are shorter, and like what you're dealing with, its good for heat.
      For round faces, there's a side swept bang pixie cut, like Jennifer Lawrence, she looked great in a pixie cut too, even though her face is rounder!
      If you want a pixie cut, ask your hairstylist which kind would frame your face the best, like print some pictures of different kinds and bring them in and ask him/her.
      I think pixie cuts are so great, and still feminine and in fashion.

• I have a round face. I may get a cut like Jennifer Lawrence. I will ask my hair stylist.

• Keep it long. You'll be happy you did come fall/winter.

• Girl, long hair is sooo hard to grow out. And if you have long healthy hair count it as a blessing! I regret cutting mine 2 years ago, I miss it. But at the same time shorter hair is SO Much easier to manage; when its hot, or in the shower. Depends what you like.

• If you're really attached to your hair and love it long i wouldn't but if you're willing to try something different go for it, there are some really cut short hair styles

• I have the same urge so whenever I do I put it in a bun and it really helps

• It's up to you

• NO do not do it. Everyone looks better with longer hair. Even the most beautiful woman in the world looks better with longer hair than shorter hair.

• If you think it would look cute go for it! (I live in the south as well)