Which tattoo would make a better half sleeve?

I'm considering two different designs for a half sleeve. I have loved reading and literature my entire life, and I also love the outdoors and being one with nature. So both have deep meaning to me.
1. Black and grey. Vintage style. Floral shoulder cap leading down to a small stack of books. Scroll type ribbon around the books that says "I have lived a thousand lives" and more floral beneath the books. Perhaps a butterfly or moth included somewhere.
2. Black and grey. Pine trees beginning just near the elbow, with tall mountains reaching into the night sky just behind them. The sky won't be entirely dark, kind of like a dusky, pre-dawn. Either Ursa Minor or Cerus constellation will be in the sky. The stars themselves will be black dots, connected by thin lines, with a very faint illustration of either a bear or whale (depending on the constellation id choose) behind it. Clouds will finish the top of the tattoo, extending barely toward the collar bone and behind the shoulder.
My inspiration for the mountain tattoo. It would be structured similar to this. If I end up going with the books as a half sleeve, then the mountain scene will be put into the outline of a large cross on my back. I intend to get both tattoos, but I'm not sure which one I want as a half sleeve.

If you don't appreciate body art and feel the need to comment your opinion on how unattractive you think it is, please save your time and don't bother.

• Mountains would make a better half sleeve
  • Books and flowers would make a better half sleeve

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the mountains tattoo idea better

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Both of them sound so cool it's hard to say one is better than the other. Is there any way you could ask the artist to combine them?

• It was a tough choice but as someone who identifies with books as well I picked B but both sounds really nice

• Books and flowers for a girl, mountains for a dude.
    Unless they mean something to you in which case - whichever you choode. =)

• Why can't a girl have mountains and a guy have flowers and books for no reason other than that is what they want?

• That is really sexist

• @Zendrya - that's just how I think would look better - I don't know why I have to explain myself - as if my personal opinion is somehow affecting anyone's life... O. o
      She's going to get what she wants anyways...

• i voted for books and flowers

• It really depends on your personality, sense of style and the skill of the artist, no?