Girls, Can you re dye hair the same day if it didn't work?

It's box dye

5

Most Helpful Girl

• I have: didn't do any damage. Just make sure you condition.
    You can also strip out the dye you put in with Vitamin C. I've also done that, it works REALLY well.

You get Vitamin C tablets (in the vitamin aisle) crush them up and add them to shampoo. Cheaper shampoos with a lot of sulfate works best because the sulfate weakens the dye (why shampoos made for dyed hair have little to no sulfate in them) I believe I used V05 strawberry. Just something cheap like that.
    You put it in your hair, put on a shower cap, let it sit for an hour maybe (I"m going to look up the exact recipe and post it here in a minute) and then rinse it out of your hair. CONDITION well afterward. Sometimes it takes a few washes with this but I was able to get years of dye after dye after dye out of my hair in one wash.

• www.wikihow.com/Lighten-Your-Hair-Dye-With-Vitamin-C

Though I know when I did it what I used said to use the equivalent amount of tablets of about 600mg-1000mg of vitamin C. When I bought it I got the kind with rose hibs in it as well because those are beneficial.

• OH and use hot water, everything that you're not supposed to do when trying to preserve your hair dye.

What Girls Said 4

• I guess you can.

• Don't do it. That's too much chemical too soon. Wait at least a couple days. If you really need to dye it, then make sure that you use a good conditioner! Good luck :)

• I would need the specifics on what colors you have had previously and what color you are trying to dye it in order to help

• I don't recommend dyeing it once damages it but doing it again the same day will really make it worse.