When did you first discover the power of makeup?

I first heard about makeup when I was in 8th grade, at the time everyone was telling me I was ugly ass shit, I was hideous everyone would be like. eww your pores are so cogged! its like you don't even wash your face. your pores are a mess! and more comments like. eww that ugly ass bitch her lips chap as hell! ewww!! I decided to get into makeup when I was in 9th grade got my first makeup kit when I was 15 but I didn't like how it looked on me so I left it around the house. this time I actually watched YouTube videos, found out how how to correctly apply the stuff. and why it didn't look right on me, so I bought new products and did what the ladies did on the videos. I went to school the next day and the responses i got from the kids was unbelievable.. what about you? how did people react to you wearing makeup and when did you discover the power it has?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some time a year ago.

I was up all night working on a project and tried to compensate for my sleepless night with makeup. X) I put on light lipstick, extra mascara, under eye concealer, tried to do some highlighting with whatever I had, and just stuff I didn't normally do.

When I came to class, a friend told me something was different about me. I thought it was because I did still look tired, but apparently it wasn't that. He said he didn't know what it was or how to actually describe it, but he said I was 'glowing'. And that wasn't even with contouring and bronzers! 🙈

What Guys Said 4

• When I was about 15.. I used to let girls in my class put make-up on me because it was funny... I didn't mind looking like an idiot; because I looked like one anyways.
    I used to look so bad when I was younger. xD

• 6 months ago

• The first time I saw what I thought was a very attractive woman the morning after...😁

• High school plays

What Girls Said 7

• In 8th grade during my grade 8 graduation. a make up artist did my face, body and hair and made me look like the most beautiful woman in the world. Out of a possible 200 graduates - only 1 person looked better then me and everybody was praising me on how beautiful I looked and the guy who rejected me to date the most popular girl in school spent 2-4 weeks complaining about how he wished he had gone with me instead. That's when I realized I look better with make up on but I never wore make up except for some eye liner.

• I started wearing makeup last year. No one really notices it because I usually just fill in my brows, wear mascara , and occasionally liptint.

• When I was age 12.

• Ummmm, I guess when I was about 14 so almost 2 years ago

• I've know about makeup since I was a kid... my mom always wants me to use it, and still makes me put it on for occasional things, but I really don't like it too much.

• I started wearing makeup in 6th grade. I don't really remember how people reacted to it.

• I first started using makeup when I was 17. Only eyeliner and lip gloss. Then learned and then started to use powder and mascara. I use eye shadows sometimes but nothing dramatic. The makeup trends I see on instagram are ridiculous and over the top in my opinion. Something I honestly think should be done only in weddings and such. But to each their own I guess.