What do you think about bra straps showing in summer dresses and tops?

I can never seem to find a strapless bra that fits well. My normal bras look infinitely better and give better support. However hiding straps is harder with certain dresses or tops, if not impossible. Do you think its completely tacky? Or is it more acceptable these days? I'd rather not have my straps showing, but I also want to wear my cute clothes. Not much of a choice. (Not necessarily in racerback basic tanks, because they have those circle things that adjust your bra straps to that shape) I have big boobs as well, so that just adds to the never ending problem. I envy the itty bitty titty committee. Your fashion options are basically infinite when it comes to low cut, backless, skinny strapped, strapless everything. Lucky!

Most Helpful Girl

• I try my best to avoid bra straps showing. It just looks tacky to me personally. I do think it's acceptable these days thought to let it show but I just don't like it. Finding strapless bra's are definitely a challenge. I struggled a lot to find a good one.

What Guys Said 16

• As a lot of the responders said it is inevitable and not a huge issue just try and make sure the straps and dress compliment each other.

• Exposed straps lately has become commonplace and accepted.
    I don't mind them showing
    I am a fan of braless, however, your size may make that unworkable.

Thanks for showing a positive side for the smaller girls that may feel inadequate.
    They measure up for me.

• I think it's acceptable and, honestly, perfectly fine. If it bothers you too much or you feel uncomfortable, you could try to use the same color as the shirt you're wearing so that it mostly looks like part of the shirt. But I wouldn't really think anything of it.

• I'm indifferent if it's that hot I'd be too bothered by the heat to care about your bra straps.

• I an an a fan of braless. But indifferent if strPs sho at all if they do. Its fine. Some times I may imagine if panties match bra. Not that it matters. I love the look of a summer dress on a good figure. They look sexxy. Bare legs bare arns etc.

• I think that it is tacky. Do you ever considered to wear a strapless bustier? Also, did ever consider to go to Nordstrom for a professional bra fitting?

• Honestly I think it looks great :).
    If you try to hide them and it's not working out I'd say just don't bother trying to hide them ^^

• Naa you're good, I don't know why girls make such a big deal out of bra straps showing, if anything it looks kinda cute...

• its common these days if straps were showing and its better not to wear any if u have small boobs in summer

• Wouldn't bother me at all...

• sometimes its hot sometiems its trashy

• not esthetic

• It makes them sexier in my opinion.

• Thoughtful question. Often they are dingy off-white and look careless. Black, brightly colored and lacy ones are OK.

• Nope it is not bad.

• Visible bra straps is not horrible. I see them all the time and don't even think about it. The setting is the most important thing. In everyday life, like at work, it looks much better to have a strap showing than to have your tits bouncing around or your nips poking through your clothes. On a date or in a casual setting that might be okay, but definitely not everywhere.

What Girls Said 12

• I don't think it's tacky as long as the color of the straps match the dress. But if you're (for instance) wearing a white dress and a hot pink bra, then it obviously just screams "look at me! Look at my hot pink bra! Look at these hot pink bra straps!". Wear a white bra with a white dress, blue bra with a blue dress, etc. With a multicolored dress it doesn't really matter as long as the bra matches at least one of the more dominant colors. If there's too much of a contrast between the straps and the dress, it looks tacky. As long as it's neutral and matches the dress, it won't stand out and most people won't notice/care.

• if its a top that covers the straps most of the time but they occasional slip out im fine with that. I wouldn't wear a top that can't cover the straps. Like a racer back top with a normal bra

• Bra straps are natural for a girl to wear. As natural as anything. They can see your bra straps. You are a woman, you need to wear a bra. Why bra straps should be seen as unacceptable is honestly beyond me.

• its a fact of life its ridiculous anyone would feel any kind of way about it because shock horror someone hide the children women. wear. bras!
    i was shocked too

• I know the itty bitty titty committee is coming back in style now!!! I love the little thin bras and crop tops they made for those boobs. I have really grown a liking to small boobs because you can have more flexibility with it. Mines for my age aren't all of that small but I mean find a sports bra that comes in to the middle its hard to explain. You want even see the straps if your wearing a dress, the strip of the sports bra is down the middle of your back not your sleeves. And the ones I get gives as much of a support a boost as the other ones too.

• I don't think anything of it.

• I have bigger boob-s so I know the struggle. Let your bra straps show! It's not tacky to me.

• it is fine...

• Nah, i used to be worried about it but its not tacky. Its just what comes with wearing summer clothes. 90% of girls do it. Its totally fine, dont worry. If you want to make it less obvious wear a nude bra :)

• Honestly I have big boobs too, so I feel you sister. I honestly just went to victories secret and got a good fitting expensive bra. But it was pretty worth it. It has awesome straps that can cross, detach, et cetera. There are days I still definitely will show my straps because well I'm a girl, I got boobs, people can get over it :).

• I never care if someone can see my bra straps. I hate strapless bras, and don't wear them unless I'm wearing a strapless dress/top.

Everyone knows girls wear bras. Hiding it seems kind of pointless.

• I think for some women such as myself its inevitable but acceptable