What's the best kind of cologne for a guy?

I use either Polo Blue or Black but I'm looking for a new one

Most Helpful Girl

• Different colognes smell different on different people. I really like L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent.
    It is described as Infused with the force of attraction of a man with style and sensuality, this fresh, woody fragrance is effervescent with bright, sparkling notes of bergamot, ginger, and vetiver. A fragrance of contrasts it is a unique combination of luxury, art, and modernity that exudes a timeless elegance.
    Notes:
    Bergamot, Cedar, Ozonic Notes, White Ginger, Basil Flower, White Pepper, Violet Leaves, Cedarwood, Haiti Vetiver, Tonka Bean.
    Style:
    Magnetic. Sensual. Intriguing.

• I've sampled that one it and it smelled nice but my new job is working with barley which smells horrible and it's hard to find a cologne that doesn't make the smell as bad

• Agreed. Its great. It gets me a lot of compliments.

What Girls Said 3

• I will go with scents so i think that "fresh" scents are bettrr for summer and "woody" are better for cooler days. this also works with ages so, to young guys till 25-30 fresh and fruity scents (eg axe africa) and havyer scents are more mature and reserved (eg axe dark temptation) ps i know that both of these are deodrants but i chose both of these because i am really familiar with how they work long term...

• I'm looking for one that will last a good while that would also be for a night in the club but I've had no luck with any so far

• Then you should go with something light and fresh... Heavier scents will not leave good unertones as heavier scents will be suffocating in combination with the sweat and alcohol. Also most colognes last up to 7 hours but you get used to the scent and you don't smell it anymore yourself.(but the really cheap ones change scents in a matter of three hours and can even cause irritation, so it's no no) It's better if you go to a cosmetic store and ask the people working there. There are also some quizzes that you can take so you can find what suits your personality better.

• Fierce by Abercrombie , i know they are awful but the cologne smells so good

• Chrome for men

• Never heard of it

• It's a "get you laid" kind... I LOVE IT on a man

• The description of it sounds like it would be a great summer cologne and if it's a "get you laid kind" that's a bonus

What Guys Said 7

• Take a shirt you have sweated in and gotten good and stinky and try out the cologne on it. Put just enough on to blend with your body odor but not enough to mask it. If it smells good that's a good cologne for you. Remember a scent should be discovered, not announced. If they can smell you from farther than they could touch you you have used too much. If you are going to use a quality cologne try to make all your other soaps and lotions unscented so they don't muddy the cologne's scent.

• I've tried a few but mixing sweat with the smell of barley I haven't found a cologne that smells decent

• I'm fragrance-free. I naturally smell like bacon. . . . hickory smoked bacon.

• Well I work for a malting plant for liquor which smells like cow shit so that's not an option for me

• Brooks Brothers or Polo Black or Polo Blue.

• What's your budget?

• The one that works best for your own body, each cologne will react slightly different to each guy

• Aqua georgio armni I call this liquid pantie dropper lamo

• I've used it before I just find it really expensive it's like $150 here for the small bottle

• spicebomb is awesome