Should men be able to wear skirts (no kilts)?

• The male gender may & should wear skirts
  • The male gender mustn't wear skirts
  • It matters not
If you say no, please provide a good reason as to why. "Just the way was/is" or "tradition" is not an acceptable answer

Most Helpful Girl

• They can and do, but there are masculine ways to dress and feminine ways to dress. We should choose what best expresses who we are.

What Girls Said 11

• Everyone is free to wear whatever he or she desires. Individuality claims no gender

• I'm sorry, but I'm not into that. I can understand if a transgender guy wears one while transitioning to a woman, but when a straight male wears one I feel uncomfortable. I am not going to date a guy who is a cross dresser. That's just not my style. I want to date a man. Hate me for it, whatever. I'm a very open minded person, but their are some things that I draw the line at. I just think that some things need to stay the same.

• Crossdressing is when a guy tries to look like a women (fake boobs, bra, makeup, AND skirt. Wearing 1 dosnt make u crossdressing

• I understand how u feel about it, i truly do. But can you try an answer the crossdress question/explaination I posted to you?

• I mean, just consider that this is the equivalent to saying "I will simply not date a woman who wears pants. I want to date a WOMAN."

I mean, it is quite literally the equivalent. I can't think of a better equivalency out there. Yet if I was to say that, I would be scorned out of existence, and for good reason.

Just keep that in mind.

• I don't care what they do, it's none of my business. Everyone has a right to express themselves however they want.
    But I probably wouldn't be attracted to a guy in a skirt.

• Sure. Wouldn't bother me at all.

• It doesn't matter. Fashion comes and goes. Men wore or still wear skirts in other eras or cultures. Nothing wrong with wearing one or not. It would look outrageous at first, but it would become mainstream if many men did it

• I think they can wear whatever they want to wear.

Women shouldn't have to shave their legs either to show off their legs in a skirt.

• They can do what they want. It's up to them and who am I to judge. Though I don't know how good it would look but still if men wanna do that then go for it

• If guys are feeling them self them why not

• I don't see why not. I'm sure many do.

• Ahh, the mixed messages.
    You see? Let's stop blaming sexes for the pressures of a traditional society. To be 'masculine'(men) or 'feminine'(women). This is where feminism's REAL definition truly comes into play.
    Absolutely.

• If the update was directed at me, I should let you know that I said yes.

• I wasn't trying to be, I just wanted to enthusis that it wasn't towards anyone specifically (if I wanted to say it more meanly I would have added a "!"

• Sure why not? Now we can both get catcalled at lol

What Guys Said 18

• Well skirts were originally only worn by men ( they were in the form of tunics) until they went out of style among men centuries ago. When men made the transition to pants and suits, that was when women adopted the skirt.

So if men decide they want to take the skirt back as their own then more power to them.

• If the man is confident enough to do it then fair play to him.

• If they want, I personally wouldn't but it's their choice. Also some guys rock skirts like no ones business!

• Yeah equal rights right?

• lol wtf? lmao

• I couldn't help but notice you failed to answer the question

• HELL FREAKING NO

• Wear whatever the hell you want to wear. It's not going to change the gender conotations, but who cares what others think?

• You already can. Its not like its illegal. You just won't see it very often unless you go to a certain area of New Orleans.

• I didn't know it was illegal for a man to wear a skirt.

• I hope not, cuz if that were the case society would really be screwing up (as in making a law that U can't wear curtain clothes especially if it's in no way offensive)

• Men should be men and women should be women, the moment you start screwing that up you will also screw up our entire society.

• I'd have to say no in my opinion. Kilts would be the only skirt type thing men could wear. But if you want to go for it

• You don't know what your talkin bout

• I was just stating my opinion. My opinion shouldn't tell you how to live

• If girls can wear pants now I don't see why guys can't wear skirts.

• I don't think anyone can have a good argument against that. That is one of my points too

• Skirts or no skirts, it matters not.
    -shitty yoda circa 2015.

• It should be a world that does not show ridicule for what ever anyone else wears! To share criticism for what another wears is good so as to help the one be fashionable.

• If you want, you can go out dressed like a tuna salad.
    It doesn't affect me.

• I lived in New Zealand for a while and own and wear/wore Lava lavas from time to time. Actually I prefer the long black ones as a formal option. When its hot it sucks to wear slacks and I think they look really formal and good. In the U. S. I am out of place in it because its not a regular thing to do.

• Don't know about you but I'm not gonna Not do what I want just cuz it's different

• I still wear it to formal occasions when its warm and I don't want to wear slacks. But honestly I am very comfortable in pants, and I love jeans so its not a big deal to me. Mostly just for formal occasions. So I don't really have to go against what I want to do.

• I enjoy dressing as a woman at times and no im not Gay. it turns me on

• How would you define/ describe crossdressing?

• People should have freedom to dress and do as they please as long as it harms no one.