Girls, What makes the "Dad bod" attractive?

I'm fit and try to keep toned not only to impress but also for my personal health. Well this whole dad bod joke maybe serious and women seem to like it. I've heard my female friends say a guy who isn't skinny or toned seems more approachable and genuine then a guy who is fit and may be stuck up. Is this all their is to it or am I missing something?

9

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely nothing - especially not the name.

• Yeah I don't know I don't want to out on any unnecessary weight.

• Yeah, well that sounds like a normal life. =)
      Being ripped is okay, but it's extremely overrated...

• Cool!
      Thank you. =)

What Girls Said 8

• its not. maybe to women with low self esteem who think that a guy with nice body would look down on them because maybe those women aren't that good looking...

im not saying the dad body is horrible bc its not, but its definetly not attractive either. its just ok

• It's a joke -- not actually a thing!! Girls do NOT like the dad bod.

Of course we like guys with muscular and fit bodies. Any girl who tells you different is either lying or hiding the truth because she doesn't want to seem too picky or stuck up.

Taking care of your appearance and health does not mean you're stuck up.

• i find the dad body attractive because i feel it shows he guy doesn't take himself o serious and would rather have a few beers and and a pizza instead of spending all that time at the gym which doesn't sound to fun, i would rather be with a laid back fun guy also he's soft and cuddly!

• Well I am a easy going person and I have my fair share of fun and drink a few beers on the weekend as well. But I workout and lift everyday then play basketball for some cardio to kill any calories that would make me gain weight. It's a personal choice to stay healthy.

• For me personally, the dad bod is more relatable. I'm not skinny or toned or anything so it's like we're on the same level. And obviously that doesn't really matter in a relationship or anything but just a thought. I always say I wouldn't mind dating a teddy bear.

• Nothing. It isn't in any way attractive to me.

• It's an illusion :)

• Its not attractive.

• its not attractive.

• That's my thought but my female friends like it. I am sure their are bigger guys who are assholes you know? Just cause a man cares about looking trimmed up, and keeps a clean cut look or a well trimmed beard doesn't make him stuck up or selfish. The personality assumptions made by them annoy me.