Picking a tattoo?

When you pick a tattoo what goes into your desicion making?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. How does this Tattoo relate too me?
    2. What am I trying to tell the world with it/or what will others see?
    3. How does it accentuate my body?
    4. How unique can I make it?
    5. How will it contour as I age?
    6. Am I okay with my SO seeing it, my kids, my family?
    7. how can it relate to other future tattoos
    8. Who's going to do it? What are their specialties? And are they a good fit for my skin, idea, and personality? Are they credible and safe?
    9. what colors go well with my skin?
    10. Can it be covered in this place on my body if necessary?
    11. ease of care and other risks
    12. How much will it cost?

What Girls Said 3

• how it relates to me
    if it'll still look awesome when I'm older
    location
    size

• I never "picked" my tattoos since I always came up with my own ideas and designs (I can draw quite well) and my advice for you is; if you're not absolutely sure what tattoo you wanna get and for what reason you wanna get it - don't get it.

• Is it something I love? Is it something that I'm not gonna see on a million other people? Is it something timeless to me?

I have a trash polka tattoo of my favorite animal and I got it designed by my artist. It's huge and I love it. Just make sure it's something you can live with. For my, my biggest problem is making sure it's original and that no one else has it.

What Guys Said 3

• Design, Size, Meaning, location

• No, a tattoo decision is yours and yours alone. Don't base it on what other people think, because some people are just going to be douches and discourage you.
    -_- as long as it isn't cliche then go for it

• Well I've already picked out some for if and when I ever do get one, what into the decision was origin, meaning, how it looked, the size, how it relates to me and the location.