Won't call me beautiful?

OK, so I know this is kind of a bitchy thing to ask about, but its something that I've really been wondering.

my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years, we are both in our senior year in high school. we have a great relationship and really love each other. all the time he tells me how much he cares about me, and he shows me that every day, I have no doubts about his sincerity, I've even heard from another source that he's turned down sleeping with another hot girl because of me.

he frequently tells me all the things he loves about me, and he always mentions how hot I am. never that I'm beautiful or even pretty.

I always hear that you can tell if a man loves you by if he calls you beautiful instead of hot, so how come even though he loves me, he always refers to me as hot or sexy?

the one time he called me beautiful was about a week after we started dating, he left me a voice mail starting out with hey beautiful. I've never heard it again.

no matter how hard I try, I've never gotten it. even at prom, I had my guy friends coming up and complimenting me, one even came up and told me that I looked absolutely beautiful, but he never once said anything about it.

it just kinda hurts that he doesn't think of me in that way? is there a way I can tell him what it would mean to me to just once be called pretty instead of sexy? is this a common problem?

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe he only sees you as something sexual

• But in all other aspects of our relationship he doesn't act that way at all. we are sexual people but he also truly cares about me, as I care about him. that's what doesn't make sense to me

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe You should just ask straight forward, " Why are you always calling me sexy and hot ? am I not beautiful..?" How hard is that? since you've known each other for a longtime and you know that he is into you. I don't think he is going to say something like, " ooh you are not!"

Or be like I saw this movie and this guy was calling this girl "beautiful" and I think that was the sweetest thing I can ever hear!

*BINGO* Ding Ding Ding

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think he doesn't see you as beautiful. People today call oher attractive people 'hot' or 'sexy'. Maybe he is just one of those guys, don't take it too personally. But if it bothers you so much, talk to him about it, just mention it in passing. Like the next time he calls you hot, say jokingly "Oh you don't think I'm beautiful?"

I just think its a compliment he's used to using and means the same thing.