Girls, What to wear to a casual engagement party?

I honestly don't know what to wear to this party. Im not sure if casual means, a t shirt or jeans,(which I was planning to wear) but if its an engagement party, should I wear a dress (the picture below) The thing is though, I dont want to be too fancy and feel awkward, but if Im too casual I dont want to seem rude. Do you guys have any ideas or like something thats in between casual and fancy (if that makes sense :) )

5

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a nice dress! It's definitely not too fancy so you won't be over dressed. I wouldn't go with jeans and a t shirt for an engagement party because that's not usually what they mean by casual. :)

Also, you're young right now, but in a few years you'll realize that it's way better to be over dressed than under dressed anyway. I almost never worry about looking too fancy anymore (but I definitely did at your age haha)

What Girls Said 4

• I would wear a white v-neck t-shirt with a flowy skirt. The t-shirt is casual, where the skirt is more formal, but if it's flowy, then it seems more summery and casual. It could easily be viewed as formal or casual, depending on what everyone else is wearing, you know?

Good luck!

• I would wear like a day dress or like jeans and a nice top.

• That dress is a casual dress for me. And don't wear jeans to an engagement party, just don't. Casual usually means light swishy dresses for parties that I go to.

• I think you should wear a casual dress with some flats.. it perfect for a engagement party!!!😊😊😊