Could I be a makeup artist?

I like to wear eyeliner, mascara, foundation, fill in my eyebrows, and lipstick/lipgloss. This would be my "everyday" makeup. Sometimes I contour, only on my cheeks though. I rarely highlight. I've never worn eye shadow. I think I know the basics of applying it though. (Lighter color on the lid, medium transition color, dark color to define crease, and a highlight color for browbone ). I dont wear concealer because my dark circles aren't that bad, neither is my acne. So does this sound like I could turn makeup into a career or do I just like a little makeup?

I don't wear blush either.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you like putting makeup on yourself, that's like a hobby or preferrence. Try putting it on different people and different age groups using various styles, if you are good then you have talent if not so much study how it is done. Skill is acquired that way. If you still love it, then you have passion! I say go for it or take some small courses additional on what course you are getting.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah you can do anything you want - Finish school then check out beautician courses if you want to pursue this career path.

• It's easy too put makeup on yourself, have you ever tried it on others? If no, then try it. If they don't like it, maybe it isn't the career for you

What Girls Said 6

• Depends on your skill level. Watch some youtube videos and make your own youtube channel - try it and see if it would be your thing.

• Well, if you enjoy putting make up not only on yourself but also on other people you could definitely try.

• If you can, try and job shadow a makeup artist to see if you like what they do.

• I don't know any makeup artist but thanks for the advice

• You can turn anything into career. Jut go to school and become a certified beautician

• Go to school and you can do anything. All you have to do is learn, and get experience. If you've already got a basic knowledge of things you're just one step ahead of the game. If it's something you're passionate about you're even more well off. Do what you want.

• It all depends on whether you really have any talent to do that. Maybe your makeups are like this s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...15be977e3a.jpg

• Lol no I would never do my makeup like that.