Do you judge people on their tattoos and/or piercings?

If someone had tattoos and/or peircings would you put a bias on them?
Would you judge them on it only if you didn't know them?
If you knew someone and then they got tattoos and/or piercings would it change your opinion on them?

ex: I recently got my septum pierced and I actually got told by a guy I knew that he sees me differently..

Vote and leave your opinions!!

• I would not judge them
  • I would judge them
  • I would only if I didn't know them
  • I would even if I knew them
  • I would only judge them if it was a lot of tattoos and/or piercings

Most Helpful Girl

• depends on how crap the tattoo looks. i don't really care about the piercings.

let your guy buddy see you differently then. who gives a shite?

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, I hate when you see girls in their late teens, Who have covered themselves in shitty, bullcrap tatoos, that hold no value other then being the first cool looking photo they managed to drag off google images.

And i swear to fucking god, If i see one more fucking girl, Getting one of the following, I will loose my fucking shit.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6bc35e0ab5.jpg

• omg those tattoos... so true.

• You against the bible or somethin? Plus, if they have meaning behind them, I really don't see the problem with them. And also, tattoos are some peoples ways of expressing themselves. Like me. I'm loud, obnoxious, depressed, and I'll admit, I'm kinda a bitch. And I'm un able to express that through words, so I express it through tattoos. Right now, I'm only at the depressed part, but in a couple weeks, I'll be getting to the loud one, cuz I'm getting a fairly big tat on my thigh. It'll have colour, and yeah, a lot of meaning behind it.

And tbh, I don't care if people judge me cuz I've got them. I really don't. It's just when they don't know the backstory behind them, and start bashing me or them to my face. Ignorant assholes like them are what piss me off. Even when they do know the backstory and start judging me because of them pisses me off.
      But thank you for being honest. I respect that.

• I get what your saying, I really do, But. Generally i think most tatoo's that teen girls specifically seem to get, Are just complete and utter shit that they literally just found on google images and say ''omg i want that its so cute!!! xxxx<3'' and shit like that.

When i say i would judge, It really does depend. If i saw you, And was talking to you, And noticed you had a tatoo in memory of a lost family member, Then yeah, Knowing that i wouldn't mind, Fair enough. Another example, One of my buddies just came out of the Marines, And he has his dead mates names inked on him out of respect, Again, Fair enough.

I just fucking hate meaningless, stupid tatoo's like the ones in the picture i gave ya for example.
      But yeah, From first glance, Before i knew that the tatoo was about your dad, I probably would auto-judge, Sorry :/.

To me, young Girls who get lots of tatoo's look... ''Chavy'' to me :/.

• Well unless it's something like an SS tattoo on their neck or something else that is clearly discriminatory towards some group of people or individuals I really don't care. Although a LOT of tattoos and piercings can be distracting.
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...atory_Credit_Photo_by.jpg

• I think tattoos and piercings are really cool

• It's generally not good to display tattoos and piercings in a work place. You won't look that much professional with all these (so, it gives a wrong impression that you are not a serious person). Moreover, once you get a tattoo, you may not want it some 30 years later.

• Maybe if the special is in a bad or ridiculous place but overall no.

• I have no, idea how some girls can get nipple piercings they're so sensitive

• No, I don't.

• I'd think they were open minded. I would judge them if they had gang or racist tattoos

• It depends more on what they have than the fact they have them, at least for me.

What Girls Said 9

• Define "judge".

I judge people's characters and personalities on a daily basis. But I use the word judge synonymously with evaluate, rather than condemn.

And yes, I do judge people by their tattoos. The book cover analogy doesn't work here because a person is RESPONSIBLE for having those tattoos, they CHOSE those designs and colours and locations on their bodies, so really I am judging them by their ACTIONS.

That being said, I view tattoos as a fantastic form of art, so if I see some bullshit phrase tattoed across your chest along the lines of "blah blah forever", "live free" or tramp stamps with things like "gorgeous", " babe" or whatever inked on, I will judge you to oblivion for being just another unremarkable human being with nothing interesting to say or contribute.

I love well designed elaborate tattoos, whether they have some meaning behind them or not. It's art and it's beautiful.

But if you have shitty tattoos like I mentioned above, it's comparable to shitty tags like this:
    www.michaelmichail.com/.../crap-graffiti.jpg

• Evaluate vs Condem

Exactly the right distinction.
      Razor sharp thinking as always.

I'll be tucking that away for future reference.

Thanks!

• Absolutely not! I've got 3 myself! Tattoos are a form of art and expression! There are people (including myself) that don't know how to express themselves using words or actions. So they use tattoos to show who they really are! The sad part, is that even though they have meaning behind them, you still get judged. My family judges me, even though they've gone through the loss with me. 2 of my tattoos are in memory of my dad. The other, is the bible verse that has kept me alive through the past year and a half. Jeramiah 29:11. It reads, "'For I know the plans I have for you' declares the lord, 'plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope, and a future'"

Piercings are the same! I've got 6 going on 7 soon! They show that you're a loud, strong individual! (At least for me anyway) also, with piercings, they can be taken out of you no longer want them. They may leave a horrible scar, but there are scar removal treatments for them!

I will never judge anyone with tattoos or piercings, no matter how many they have! I'm in that crowd, so if I did, I would also be judging myself. It doesn't matter if you've got 1 or 100, I will think they are beautiful because it is your way of expressing yourself! It is an art form! They have memories behind them, and when you're older, they will remind you of "the good ol' days"!

So to those of you who have/want tattoos or piercings. GET THEM!!! Express yourself damnit!! Don't let those judgmental assholes bring you down!!! You didn't get them for them. You got them for you! So who cares what they say!!! Rock it!! Show who you really are!!! You are beautiful with or without them!!

• I would never judge them.
    I do think they might be more fun... is that judging? xD

• People judge people the second they see them, this "Don't judge people" bullshit pisses me off, we all do it. It's an essential skill in self preservation.

I would not label someone with negative traits purely because they have tattoos and piercings. If they then proceeded I complain about not being able to get a job, then I may have something less positive to say... Septum piercings are quite controversial, they are reminiscent of a cow's nose. They aren't the most ladylike and can look awful if they don't suit.

• "I would not label someone with negative traits purely because they have tattoos and piercings. If they then proceeded I complain about not being able to get a job, then I may have something less positive to say..."

How true!

• @Humping_Tornadoes dude, what a name! Love it :)

• haha thanks! There you have it :D

• No I don't care about it. Unless the piercings are way too many, then it might get a little distracting.

• I don't judge..

But I've been judged.

• Not at all. A girl i work with has many tattoos and piercing they look so cool!

• I probably would if it was crazy overdone. Tattoo is like art. It should be classy in my opinion or a piece of who you are or what you stand for.

• I have piercings myself so, I wouldn't judge on that. For tattoos, I guess it depends what it is and the area it's on.