Do you think all types of clothing from the past eventually come back in fashion?

Do you think all clothing from the past becomes fashionale again? Even stuff we say ewww at? What do you think will come back one day? Anything? What have you already seen come back?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• This is the age in which you can dress in any Era and not necessarily be looked at funny.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• Yes it does. It's just a cycle. Certain types of clothing do make a reappearance in today's world.

For example:
    Men- with the full beards and the moustaches that curl at the tips.
    womenstyler.com/.../Chris-Chasseaud-beards.jpg

women- the high brief swimwear suits or underwear
    plus-size.swimsuitsforall.com/.../...RNATEVIEW.jpg

Some things will come back eventually, with bits and bobs changed around a bit. But it definitely does come back.

• Yes, of course...
    With a modern twist to them, of course, even though with these 80's and now 90's fashion 'comebacks' they're actually just recycling exactly what they wore before - which is less than inspiring to be honest.

But yes, people - designers included - don't seem to have any more inspiration for actual creation. Just for recycling.

• I don't think all of it comes back the exact way it was but in a way it makes a rebirth. Even the horrible clothes from the 80's seem to be doing it. Retro is just a redo and so is vintage. Next we will see woman back in long dresses and men in heels :-)

• I love finding past decades clothes. There are many trends that come back currently, like 90s platforms, 50s cat eye make up, jackie O sunglasses, lace, corsets, t-strap shoes.

I 'd like to see winklepickers back from 50s
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...afc185c14d.jpg

• I watched the styles from the seventies come back in the nineties, the eighties come back in the early 2000's, and now the vintage pin up look is the rage. Fashion usually has a 20 year cycle. When everyone gets tired of the vintage, I'm not sure what the trend is going to be. Personally, I'm doing a 1920's look right now.

• yes i think so

• At least not during our life time... Not in our life time.

• Somehow, I don't see chastity belts making a comeback outside of some particularly specific sets of fetish-wear.

• omg i was noticing that everywhere i go that things that are old fashioned are coming back trendy

• No. Did shirtwaists come back?

• yes probably

• They try to. But sometimes I think, what comes back.. Should go back lol

What Guys Said 6