Can a guy tell when a girl's wearing makeup?

Personally, I don't wear a TON of makeup but I do wear some. Can guys tell when a girl's wearing makeup or no? I'm guessing yes if she's wearing tons and tons of it but if she's not is it still obvious?

Most Helpful Guy

• If he's ever seen her without it, yes. (And usually even if he hasn't. )

Some women look far nicer without it, others a great deal better with makeup. If it's applied well, light makeup can lend a formal/classy touch to things, and accentuate an already pretty face. Even the guys that seem completely oblivious will react to how you look.

So yes, they'll notice. (Some will just be better at noting that it's makeup they're reacting to. )

What Guys Said 3

• HELL YEAH. When you can cut squares of cake frosting size bits off her face.yep OBVIOUS. plus there is a little greasy lookin sheen to it in some cases but yeah. I prefer the no make up look BUT Lipstick and a little eyeliner is an exception to that rule!

• I can usually tell when a girl is wearing make up, unless it's really subtle.

• Yes, because they can look at your arms and then your face.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes sometimes. if her eyelashes are deep black, you can sometimes tell is she's wearing mascara, lips - lip gloss - her lips would be shining / glittery . blush - if the apple of her cheek is slightly darker then the rest of her face. cover up - it looks chalky sometimes and if you look at her chin and then look at her neck,. the colors might look different because she might not have even'd it out & eye liner - the bottom eye lid looks darker. and eyeshadow - is obviously a different color.

i honestly only wear eyeliner & mascara and once in a while a little lip gloss.

• I'm no guy. But I am pretty sure they can depending on the amount you are wearing. If you are wearing cake faced foundation with TONS of eyeshadow and dark tones of thick mascara. Of course guys will notice. If its light heated make up. Clear foundation plus blush with decent amount of eye shadow and mascara. Guys will more likely enhance that as a natural look.

• I personally don't mind if its apparent that I'm wearing makeup. Most guys assume that girls wear makeup and it really isn't a huge secret. Too much makeup is what girls should worry about.

• not reall unless its overwhelming and flaking off