Girls, What is the perfect eyeliner?

I can NEVER get it right on both my eyes. I always end up making it too thick, or just messy looking like a 7 year old painted on my face.

I've tried practising so many times but I can't get it right. I've watched countless tutorials but they're all the SAME.

How do I do it? What are some techniques you use that PERSONALLY help you.

Dont post, "make a straight line over ur eyelid then extend it into a wing" shit. I can tell myself that. Something that actually helps please.

7

Most Helpful Girl

• I like to use liquid liner and a felt tip is easiest for beginners. It tends to look a lot smoother and cleaner than pencil (if you know how to do it right;). Now I know this probably isn't what you want to hear but it's the truth- it really just takes a LOT of practice. I was exactly the same way and I just did it everyday until I got it right and figured out the style that worked best for me. Some tips I could give you is to keep the side/knuckle of ur thumb balanced on your temple while starting in the corner of the lid and making your way towards the end using short lines and connecting them. You really just have to get a feel for it but you'll get it eventually dont worry:)

What Girls Said 6

• I basically start off with drawing a straight line (the base of the wing) and fill in the rest. I have eyelid creases (idk if everyone has them) but i basically follow those to fill it in. Make sure to let your eyes dry before blinking extensively.
    My favorite type of eyeliner is a liquid pen.

• My eyelid creases dont really help because they seem to be on diff places on both my eyes :/

• yeah thats so hard for me. And I wear glasses, so like, one of my eyes is not as good as my other eye. So sometimes its hard to focus/see as clear with both eyes. :(

• Aw, that sucks!!! ): Well, I mean practice makes perfect. Always have someone to get feedback from.

• I don't do top eyeliner very often which I believe is what you are speaking of. For the bottom I just start on my waterline and slowly move down until it's the right thickness. For the top I pull my eyelid out so it's flat and start brushing in your eyelashes and go up a little bit at a time in small strokes. After you have the basic line go over it again to smooth it out

• Try a thinner pencil. Good luck

• Pencil is better than the liquid one to get it in perfect shape. I use givenchy liner.

• Yeah I found that pencil is better because it gives more control than liquid eyeliner. Whats the first eyeliner you used? The givenchy one?

• Yes the liquid one

• Start with an ultra thin one or a precision liner. Use the liquid pencil one. Try using Ulta's precision liner (or similar to that). That's how I learned. I never had the "too thick" problem because of those liners. Then when I've mastered the cat eye or just a regular line, I started using other liners, thicker ones.

• I looked into that online, and it has great reviews. I'll be sure to look into that to perfect the shape because thats what I need help with, thank you! Once you mastered it what is the eyeliner you use now?

• My all time drug store fav is Milani eye tech extreme. It's super black, not glossy and doesn't smudge much on me. (I have oily eye lids, which makes it hard for anything to not smudge, however, if you use a really good eye primer it can stay on there all day and night). It has a bigger and longer tip but thin, and it takes me less time now to do the cat eye using Milani than the precision tip eyeliners. The precision tip takes a longer time to use because it's very small and thin but it's also easier to avoid mistakes like the too thick or too long lines. If you decide to switch to gel liners, check out coastal scents (they're an online site but very cheap) they have different sizes of angled tip liners. The small one is really small so it's also good for beginners. They also have medium and large. I have the small and medium.

• The Kat Von D eyeliner looks good and it's surprising easy to use. I use it horizontally which makes it easier to get a straight line.

• The tip looks super thin!