Back tattoo vs arm tattoo?

i'm getting a tattoo of a lotus flower next week but i can't decide where. I was thinking my upperarm/shoulder area but the tattoo artist thinks my lower neck/back is better.

which do you think would be a better spot?

back tattoo vs arm tattoo?
it won't look exactly like this tattoo, it'll be simpler but the same general idea

0|0
9|8

Most Helpful Guy

• Well my.02 is dont' do it. I've never seen a tattoo and thought anything else other than graffiti on a work of art. It is so sad to me when a beautfiul woman has drawn all over themselves and ruined perfection.

Do it if you must but if you want to make a statement - get a tshirt. Leave your body as attractive as possible. I've never seen a tattoo and thought 'wow she's more pretty'. I generally spend my time thinking 'I wish that wasn't there'. Even little butterflies on your ankle. Still don't like them.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Back - makes it looks better. =)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I like the position in picture

0|0
    0|1
  • Oooooo go full back piece with a geisha holding the lotus flower and a dragon or tiger behind her!!!

0|0
    1|0
  • Neck.. that photo looks good. Plus I think since it's still summer, it would be more visible at the beach etc

0|0
    0|0
  • On a female I'm much more a fan of back tattoos

0|0
    0|1
  • At the base of the neck like that looks good

0|0
    0|1
  • Your tattooist is right, but do whatever you personally want since you're the one paying for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's too big and unattractive.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• It is all your opinion, you are the one who will have this on you, but I like the one on the back. But, if you want it to show a lot more, I say just go ahead and just go for the arm one. It will look really cool on the shoulder too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go with your back. It's also easier to cover. Some workplaces are still very strict when it comes to tattoos and such, and it would be a shame if you lost a good job opportunity to someone else just for a tattoo.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the back tattoo idea. Easier to hide when you want it hidden.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it'd look better on your back

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it will look nicer on your back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your tattoo artist should know best, I vote back

0|0
    0|0
  • i think you should get it like this accept smaller and just on your neck

0|0
    0|0
  • it would look better on your back

0|0
    0|0