I so dont get strapless bras?

arnt bra's supost to hold up your boobs. So like wats up wht like strapless bras and shirts. Do your boobs hold it up or does it hold your boobs up?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 16

• Whatever boob size you are, strapless bras were invented for backless dresses/shirts or even strapless dresses.
    Usually strapless ANYTHING just doesn't seem to work for me? I'm a B cup, and I thought it was bc my boobs are too small but it happens with my friends too who have big breasts.
    It was a horrible invention lmao, strapless bras are NOT reliable. I've had an experience at a party (oops). If I need a bra without visible straps, I just get these bras that look strapless but they have clear, plastic straps, its the best I can work with in this decade.

• it is tighter on the bottom so your breasts rest in them and still get held up

• i don;t wear strapless.. i always think they are going to fall down

• Good strapless bras are structure to hold your boobs with structure in the cups and band without the need of shoulder straps. Girls wear strapless bras when they want to wear something that leaves their shoulders exposed but don't want any bra strap sticking out

• The band that goes around your chest is what is supposed to provide 90% of the support. The straps just keep the band from falling down.

• Strapless bras are supposed to just help keep your breasts secure. They also hold your breasts up. For me personally I need to have a good strapless bra because I don't want it to slide down, and have to keep pulling it up.
    Basically a strapless bra does everything a regular bra should do. Just possibly a little less effective

• Boobs too big, can't wear them, don't know. They've always baffled me. I've TRIED wearing them. But nooope.

• that's why i don't trust strapless bras lol

• The basically squeeze the living shit out of your boobs, slide down, and keep your nipples from showing through a cute strapless dress.

• It's supposed to hold them up but I doubt it does. I never had one on, but I really don't think it'd work. I guess it's for women with small breasts.

• To make cleavage and hide your nips. Only for special occasions.

• strapless bras are made of material that make it easier to hold up your boobs and stay on unless you are size C and up

• For me it feels like my boobs are pulling the bra down and at the same time the bra is pulling my boobs down. :(

• They technically just hold your boobs from the bottom. But they are useless for someone with B and up...

• Lots of much larger women use strapless bras with no problems. I have personally known many. Please see the link that @SolitaireBond posted for this question.

• Thank you... I am just talking from experience, the never really did it for me

• I hate starless with a passion. My boobs show too much

• It holds your boobs up, well if you have bug tits I don't know lol

What Guys Said 3

• I don't get it either except to show off shoulders but honestly I think they look REALLY bad especially on women with bigger breasts. The bra just causes them to sag even more and I never see a woman in a strapless bra with good posture, they are always hunched over like they're trying to hold their bra on which is very unattractive to me.

• I think theory behind strapless bras is for those who want to wear off the shoulder clothes.

• It is to make formal strapless dresses and gowns to look good.