Girls, Good foundation/ facial makeup for skin with acne?

My skin is having REALLy horrible at the moment - I use facial wash against oily and blemish prone skin, but i still get a lot of acne.
I'm starting in school soon, and I feel really insecure about my skin. I've cut out all the sugar ( Not the sugar in fruits though, but I don't eat that much fruit) i my diet, but it doesn't seem to help at all.
I wash two times a day, with skin tonic and facial cream.

Since my foundation is very old, I have decided to get a new one.
What should I get? Do you know any brands, and what's your experience with said brand?
Also - do you know any products I should stay away from?

Thanks in advance!

8

Most Helpful Girl

• My favorite right now is the Rimmel 25 hour lasting finish foundation. Its full coverage and its really buildable. I don't use a concealer with it, I'll just put a second layer of foundation over my blemishes and such. I don't have acne though.
    My sister, on the other hand, does have acne. She doesn't use a liquid foundation. She just uses a cream concealer over her blemishes and finishes it off with a powder. And she takes everything off as soon as she gets home. Even if she's going out again later, when she's in the house, she doesn't wear makeup.

Whatever you do end up using, make sure all of your products are non-comodogenic. This means that it won't clog up your pores.

What Girls Said 7

• I would definitely recommend Estee lauder double wear! I use to use it, but realized I didn't need that much coverage, it looks natural and it's amazing! It seems like it would be good with your skin type, ontop of that try using Lush Tea tree rose water! After washing your face

• I use the MAC foundation which is really good, in my opinion. You can have as much or as little coverage as you want. Or maybe look into buying a BB cream which is lighter on the skin and moisturises it. Bare minerals is also good because they use natural things for their make up.
    But to help your skin you should try drinking lots of water and thoroughly wash all your make up stuff as the bacteria on it is bad for skin. I also like to remove my make up with coconut oil because chemicals can aggrivate the skin more.
    Lastly wash your face twice a day, especially in the summer bc of the dirt and sweat that accumulates throughout the day which gets in the pores.

... Yeah haha

• Go to a good dermatologist to prescribe you a cream for acne. Go for a liquid oil free and non-comedigenic foundation. Stay away from heavy foundations, like powder or stick foundations.

• Are you drinking 8 glasses of water a day? Eating vegetables? Is your shampoo/conditioner irritating your skin!

Use a tinted mosturiozr

• Your skin is what you eat so eat your fruits and veggies

As for foundation, Dior skin is good

• use something thats light.