Do you think Lolita's are pretty?

I was browsing and came across this dress style.
Most women today claim to dress for themselves in their hypersexualised outfits, but to me it honestly looks like lolitas are a pure expression of femininity only for it's on sake without the desire to appeal to fashion trends, nor is it aimed to attract men and consider what kind of girl they are after. It's just pure girliness.
I am not anti-attracting men, or fitting in of course, but the style really fascinated me. If it was socially acceptable, I think I would have so much fun doing it and get to feel like a princess at that. What do you think? Do you like how it looks? Would you try it out for fun? Guys, any comments not how it looks to you? ^^

Do you think Lolita's are pretty?

• Pretty
  • Ugly
  • Interesting
  • Disturbing

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol it very cool kinda old fashion like western time and Gothic look.

I think it looks fantastic I like the style it show a lot personality and uniqueness about a girl.

Look up C2 Lolita

Most Helpful Girl

• I love Lolita fashion. Unfortunately it's to expensive for me. For a good quality dress you need to fork over a hundred and up.

• Lol, I'm not trying to kill your dream. I know there are Lolita fashion websites that cater to those on a budget if you still want to go for it. My friend uses the site but I'd have to ask her what it's called. Then there is this girl I used to follow on DeviantArt who was a Lolita and she bought her outfits from two high end Japanese Lolita websites.

Baby, the Stars Shine Bright - http://www.babyssb.co.jp/ (I think they own Alice and the Pirates as well which is gothic lolita)
      Metamorphose Temps De Fille - http://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/language/en

What Guys Said 12

• isn't Lolita just a petite girl? or do they actually have a certain look to them

• It's very well defined in that video what they are and where they come from. What they entail. You don't have to watch the whole thing, just on the start of the video everything about the style is clearly explained. ^^

• shit! :P well its obvious I didn't watch the video hahaa. okies ill give it a taper in a bit.

• I said option C, interesting - As it said in video it is sub culture of fashion - Will it ever go mainstream, I doubt it.

• Honestly, many trends I'd never have believed will be popular, were in my lifetime, not to mention the odd garments we can see on humans trough history. In some distant future, by accident, intention, or even as consequence of some marketing scheme, something of this sort could end up popular, I'm sure. ^^

• i thought lolita is a term for pedophile. guess gothic really has its place in everyone. but it's pity most of gothic garments now is be holding down due to manufacturability and entire cost. a nice gothic dress definitely a luxury no matter in history or nowadays

• The top pic looks like a doll. Literally. 😆
    Very pretty. 😊

• I find it cute.. on some girls.

Not pretty, just cute.

• I don't care for having neon colored hair or white hair or all that glitter on the face but I do appreciate cute feminine attire such as frilly dresses.

• Not my cup of tea, I'm not into grown ass women pretending to be little girls.

• It's weird, but that's just my unimportant opinion.

• I think the look is pretty.

• If you wanna dress Lolita, go for it

• I have nothing to say

• Mr. Wiggly likes Lolita's...

What Girls Said 15

• I think the dresses can sometimes be pretty. But using the term 'Lolita' makes me super uncomfortable because of the origins of it and how the book was a criticism of pedophilia. Having people use 'Lolita' now to make fashion just makes me uncomfortable :/ If it wasn't called that, then sure, I think I'd like it.

• I only like the more simple and modern take on it by the featured fashion designer in the video. Everything else is a bit too much for practicality and my liking.

• Lolita was a character, pretty much nothing like these girls, and nothing like the dress. There's a book called Lolita. Check it out. As to the dress no, I don't particularly like them. But I like the heart shaped sunglasses, which I think became a trend due to the movie lolita.

• I know she was a character and where the name comes from. It's all explained in the video bellow the pictures I posted. ^^

• You're connecting things that aren't connected. That Lolita has nothing in common with them other than the name.

• Well yeah... The name itself connects them somehow, and Asian doll like girls aren't the best thing to be connected to...

• its cute but i won't go for that style... NOPE

• I think lolita style is pretty cute as long as it's not too overwhelming. I wouldn't over accessorize the look or add extra pieces of clothing.

• I think it's really cute, but to really make it work you need lots of layers and that can get a bit hot this time of year lol... but it looks very pretty

• Very disturbing

• Is She one of those living dolls? I think it's cute and suits her

• I only like the designs of Linda Friesen in the video.. although the pervs who like to secretly film girls' underwear would have a field day when girls wear those dresses 😰

• they do not look real to me.
    whatever floats their boat though

• More so interesting than pretty

• The outfits look better without the tacky panty hose

• I like it. It's pretty.

• This is the cutest style ever!! But their like all white and this must be expensive ! Or else I feel like I'd want to try this ^.^

• Do what makes you comfortable! If you want to dress like this, go for it. There would be a whole online community waiting for you when you do!