Girls, I have wavy/curly hair and I was wondering what I could do to enhance the curls more?

So it's curly in most spots especially the front. But then towards the back it gets more wavy. And some pieces are straight, some pieces are curly, and some pieces are just wavy. I just want to be able to walk out the door in my natural hair feeling more confident

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I use this cream stuff that I put in my hair when it's still wet then scrunch it (this stuff doesn't make it crunchy like some mooses do - I can go check the name later) and put it up in a big clip to let it air dry a bit while I'm eating breakfast and what not. then I'll take out the clip and shake it out. Gives it more volume and curl than when I don't clip it up for a few minutes. If I have more time I'll put in a couple smaller clips instead of one big one since it works better. I can put them exactly where I want more curl (so for you in the back).

works great! it's basically wash and wear, so easy

• What do you mean you clip it? That sounds like it could work I'm just confused on what you mean

• Yea that makes more sense now. I might try that. You don't keep it like that till it dries do you?

• no, just while I'm eating breakfast and what not. Normally 10-15 minutes. I tried once until it was completely dry and it didn't look as nice.

What Girls Said 9

• Take showers at night and sleep with wet hair
    Use spray specifically designed to give you better waves

• I do do that. But it's hard to get it to lie the right way because usually one side gets stuck up

• There are creams and sprays for curly hair to hold the curs better.
    I have pin straight hair so I don't have any direct recommendations.

• You're going to have to play around with curl cream to find the one that works best on your hair. I still haven't found one that's good for my hair so I can't suggest anything to you.

• I have curly hair look at my pix. All I use is mousse for my hair. And I love it I take it piece by piece and put it on my hair then when all the pieces are done. I put a lot in my hands and puff it all up to be wild and crazy... LOL!! I love my curly hair

• Your hair is wayyyy curvier than mine!! I don't know if I'd take it piece by piece. But I might try a mousse

• I totally typed curlier. But my phone auto corrected it... But I guess to be grammatically correct I should have said more curly haha

• Okay yeah it sure is. You just have to buy different products and see what works for you. Go to sally's that where I go.

• I feel ya, my hair is the same way. It sucks because the day I need/want it to be curly, it's just wavy. I have no clue how to even describe my hair. Currently, I use a curling cream called Curly Sexy Hair to hold the curls better, but I'm still on the fence about it since it works some days and not others. Also, I rarely comb my hair unless it's before I shower. If I do, the curls completely come out and poof. Good luck :)

• I have curly hair. Try a silicone free conditioner like Tresesmme Naturals and a sulfate free shampoo of your choice.
    I use the Curly girl method, and my hair feels so much softer.

• Maybe braid it for an hour or two to set it!

• You can braid it in the night (not just one braid a couple 3-5) then in the morning when you wake up undo the braids it'll make you hair seem naturally curly

• try using curling mousse/

• I don't want it to get that crunchy look though. I still want my soft curls. I just want them to actually be curly and not wavy. Will that do that?