I'm going out to dinner and I need a little help with my outfit?

I'm wearing these black high waisted shorts. And then a sort of flowy crop top in a pattern with blue purple and some greens. It's got open shoulders. Like its kind of like a loose tshirt crop and then from my shoulders down to my elbows it's cut. But it's together at the elbows. I'm sure that doesn't make sense at all.

But basically I'm debating two things. Should I wear a cropped denim jean jacket that goes to my elbows? And are wedges too fancy or are they good for dinner?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wedges are basically the more casual version of high heels. So #yasss
    And Is it like the flowy crop top you were explaining, is it cut at the shoulders?
    Is it something SIMILAR to this (not in pattern or colors):
    demandware.edgesuite.net/.../514821693_a2zm.jpg
    Because if you were something like this, its stylish bc its cut at the shoulders and with something flowy, you shouldn't cover it up, it is summer after all.
    But otherwise the rest of the outfit seems fine. I think maybe white or colored high wasted shorts may go better with the crop top. But if its all you have black will be fine with the blues, purples, and greens!

• Also! The jean jacket would go AMAZINGGG with a regular crop top!

• Then you should go for it, if it gets chilly i'd bring the jacket just incase, like put it on the back of your chair.

• ty for the mho

What Guys Said 4

• I like those types of shirts, so you don't need to cover it up if that's what your asking.

But if you -wanted- to wear the denim jacket because its cold or something, then go for it.

As for the shoes, it depends on where you are going, really. Wedges would only be appropriate at fancy restaurants, but some nice sandals would be appropriate anywhere, and would look just as good with your outfit (as long as they are either black or nude).

• I like the sound of the jacket and a more casual style of wedges

• Sure why not. Wear what you want

• go for same coloured heels

What Girls Said 4

• I think the denims jacket would look super cute with it. Depending on how fancy your dinner is, then that determines whether or not you should wear the wedges. If the dinner place isn't too fancy, I say go with some sandals or flats. If it is fancy, then go for the wedges!

• Both sounds good! Wedges are definitely not too fancy x

• Denim jacket sounds good, and I'd actually recommend jeans instead of shorts if your going to dinner, and wedges sound good:)

• Wedges are good.
    The jacket is fine too