Girls, How dressed up to be for the first day of high school?

So I'm starting high school in the next few weeks and I don't want to be super over/underdressed. Im asking about hair, make-up, clothes, etc. Thank you if you take the time to respond, but please don't say whatever you feel comfortable in, because if I look out of place I probabaly won't be super comfortable!

15

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like most people go a little more dressy then they normally would. But your also trying to set an image the image people will remember. Personally I just wore what ever in hs I can't even remember what I would wear on my first days. But wear what makes you feel comfortable. If your into dresses wear a cute summer dress maybe some sandals. If your not into dresses try some skinnies or shorts cute Tshirt /graphic t. But it really depends on your individual fashion and what appeals to you and how comfortable you feel wearing it.

What Girls Said 14

• Haha, this question is so cute.

Dress casually. Try going to the mall and seeing what people around your age are wearing. Also, hip stores will sell what's trendy, so you can't go wrong there.

Band/concert tees can start conversations. Showing too much skin will immediately label you negatively. When I was in school, wearing black meant you were emo, scene, or punk. Is it still like that?

I think mascara and eyeliner is enough. Bare faced is fine too.

This is so temporary though. When you get to college, some people will show up in heels, others will show up in pajama pants. Just look forward to those days.

• Plan an outfit that you feel comfortable and great in as well as you think it's kind of cute. Maybe spend a little extra time on your hair and make up (if you want) and viola. If you feel comfortable in your outfit you will look confident and that's an attractive quality that people seek out even for friendship. When I say comfortable I don't mean sweats but like your favourite pair of jeans, a top you think brings out your eyes, a necklace that you just love, and shoes you adore.

• We wear uniforms here, but on casual days I generally just wear jeans a random shirt (whatever's clean) and sneakers. I'd wear thongs but you can't wear uncovered shoes. A guy friend will dress up in a suit and tie, and a few others will take the chance to put on their collars chains and tails.

Whatever is your fashion really. The mall idea is good, but don't mimic. Get a feel for what most people are wearing and make up your own variation with your own style. Be you.

• My first day of high school was pretty hectic. We went to all of our scheduled classes and took id pictures and got lost, lol. I just wore a casual, cute outfit.
    If I knew I was taking my id photo i would've tried to dress a little cuter, but I feel like i was well dressed enough. It's the first day of high school! Dress a little cuter than usual. Or dress how you want people to portray you as. It's your first impression on a new campus full of people.

• Straighten your hair, put on a tiny bit of makeup, wear something clean and casual, like dark skinny jeans with no holes in it and a top that flatters your figure (for me that's a plain v-neck tshirt and I pair it with a long ).

• Go super casual, high school is not a fashion show.

• Don't dress up cx
    find an outfit you've worn normally and look good in. Wear that.
    Or if you have a band shirt, that ca b be a good icebreaker

• Jeans and a nice hoodie is all you need!

• i'd wear a cute but classy dress with a nice hairstyle and jewelry. subtle makeup.

• Whats your clothing style? And then I will answer this.

• Wear a tee-shirt and jeans

• Just wear a natural look for me personally i would wear a band tee skinny jeans just some foundation and lip stick and eyeliner and some jewelry

• My first day of high school was just all over the place. I fully regret not dressing in something more on the comfortable side. So many people think they have to dress up and everything else. Honestly, you don't. I mean, look decent... take a little pride. Just don't be uncomfortable because it will be a long day. If you think you have to dress up for people to like you or whatever, you don't. Nobody really cares about that stuff and if they do they need to grow up. Just be you. You'll have friends and people will just go on their merry little way. Don't sweat it. High school isn't all that bad. Believe me. I'm actually a junior this year and you learn that you really don't have to impress anybody. Just go in sweatpants and a tshirt if that's what you're comfortable in.

• Jeans and a shirt.