Girls, what's everything I need to have for makeup?

I'm just starting to do makeup and want to know what all the things I would need to do makeup?

15

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing you NEED to do for makeup, it depends on what you want to enhance.
    If your skin is uneven/splotchy, you can wear a bit of foundation to even it out if you like.
    If your eyebrows aren't naturally a flattering shape/sparse you can you gel/pencil/powder to fill them/ shape them (LOOK UP HOW TO DO THIS OR GET IT DONE BY A MAKEUP ARTIST FOR THE FIRST TIME BECAUSE BEGINNERS USUALLY DONT DO IT RIGHT. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.)
    If you want to add more life/color to your skin you can use blush/bronzer/highlighter depending on what you're going for.
    You can wear mascara to make your eyelashes darker and longer (this is usually the most universal makeup that looks good on everyone so you should start off with this)
    You can also use eyeliner to define your eyes, but just warning you 99.9% of people don't look good with eyeliner on the bottom lash line or water line so stick to putting it on your top lashes to be safe.
    You can wear a bit of eyeshadow to make your eye color pop or apply a neutral brown that's slightly darker than your skin tone in your crease to make your eyes look more deepset (this is the most foolproof way to wear eyeshadow and is always flattering if done right)
    And if you want your lips to be a bit rosier you can try a tinted lip balm or lip stain (lipstick or lipgloss is an option to but because you're just starting to wear makeup you might be prone to messing up or mis-applying a heavier product such as those.
    Remember to watch a lot of makeup tutorials on everything you do because people are often very bad at applying makeup and make themselves look worse if they don't have a lot of learning and practice. You can also go to a makeup artist and ask for them to do it and show you how if you like, but always ask for a natural look because you don't want to be too overwhelmed the first time you wear makeup. And if you don't like how the makeup artist did their own makeup, don't let them do yours because you'll probably not like how they do yours either. (Just because they're a makeup artist doesn't mean they're necessarily good, I've come across a ton of makeup artists who are terrible at putting makeup on clients)
    Most importantly, if whatever feature you have doesn't need any enhancement, don't bother using makeup to try to enhance it even more (ie don't put on foundation of you already have clear even skin, or put on blush if your cheeks are naturally rosey) so basically don't fake something with makeup that you already have.

What Girls Said 14

• YAY MAKEUP!
    In order I use:

- Primer (smooths your skin for the rest)
    - Concealer under my eyes, highest point on my chin, bridge of my nose, and highest point on my forehead (a contour effect)
    - Foundation (blending everything together)
    - Powder
    - Eye Shadow (I fill in my eyebrows with it)
    - A flat angled brush (eyebrows and also I use it as pencil eyeliner because it stays on dark for an entire day)
    - Liquid eyeliner (for the top lid only!)
    - Eyelash extensions or mascara
    - Chapstick since I don't use lipstick or lip gloss, I think it looks too fake so I go heavy on the eye makeup instead
    - A blending brush for whatever eyeshades you use together.

• Also, I always practiced on days where I sat at home doing nothing. I would just play with my makeup and hair and watch tutorials on it. I only walked around the house with it, but at least I knew how to do it then.

• - A good cleanser - if you're just starting out it's good to get good cleansing habits (I use a cream makeup remover before a foam cleanser. It's a lot and depends on you, really.)
    - A good exfoliator - good to clean your pores and makeup generally looks better on exfoliated skin.
    - Toner - I use a green tea toner and it helps to calm down the redness in my skin after washing and makes it softer.
    - In the winter, I have a moisturizer as primer
    But then -
    CC cream, eye liner, mascara. If you're just starting out and trying to figure out how to do everything, try E. L. F at Target; their products are cheaper but fairly good quality. Also, hit up Sephora so they can help you find foundation and whatnot in your skintone, and then you take that information and look for products that work somewhere else. :3 LOL.

• I would say some good makeup things to have are these:

A good BB/CC cream or foundation
    Powder, I prefer the translucent variety of power
    Eyebrow power or pencil
    Mascara
    Eyeliner
    Eyeshadow (wet and wild has some good cheap ones with great pigments)
    Lipstick/tinted balm/lip gloss
    If you wanna get fancy I also recommend a good face primer.
    Then of course blush.

• Great question! I use foundation all over to even my skin tone, then powder on top to stay matte. Then i use a touch of blush on my cheeks, nose forehead and chin. During the day i usually skip eyeshadow or use neutral colors (UD naked pallets are the bomb, but there are also similar products for much cheaper depending on what you want to spend). Black or brown eye liner across the whole top, sometime i make a small wing with liquid liner. A thick coat of mascara and your good to go! My job is working in a professional very busy and upscale salon though so i put on a full face everyday, i wouldn't recommend it if you dont have to.

• just get the simple stuffs like powder/kohl pencil/lipstick or gloss/mascara/blush or bronzer/eyeshadow/eyeliner... that's all i use lol

• Well I just started about a year ago and I mainly do just my eyes. I use pencil and liquid liner, a natural eyeshadow pallet, and mascara. And then sometimes I put a little blush on and a natural lipstick. I also just started to fill in my eyebrows.
    I do own foundation but honestly haven't figured out how to do it correctly yet lol. But I still practice with it every once in a while.

• Nothing much.
    For someone who is just starting a mascara and lip gloss. More than enough.

• Unless your skin is bad, mascara and eyeliner is fine. Maybe a little tinted lip balm... If you need something on your skin I suggest tinted moisturizer.

• Liquid foundation and powder to set it. Mascara, for bigger eyelashes. Lipgloss or lipstick.

• mascara, eyeliner, eyebrow pencil/powder+brush , foundation+brush, concealer/camouflage, powder, eyesha

• Well I put a primer, then foundation, concealer, powder, blush and bronzer. Then for my eyes an eyeshadow base, eyeshadow, sometimes eyeliner and mascara. And for my lips a lipstick or chapstick.

• mascara, foundation, translucent setting powder (if you don't have dry skin), brown eyeshadow, brow pencil (if not happy with the fullness), eyeliner pencil, lip gloss, eyeshadow brush (you can get from e. l. f.) and foundation sponge.

• If you want just the basics, powder eyeliner and mascara is enough.

• Eyeliner, and a lip product for starters.

Later on mascarra and eye shadows and such.