What do I wear tonight?

I'm going out to eat with a guy at a BBQ restaurant and then to play mini golf for a first date. I have no idea how to dress for this. I don't have a lot of clothes and I wanted to wear a skirt but Not sure if I should. I don't have any shorts besides white, and jean shorts. I really am stumped. Help? Thank you :)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep it casual because bbq and mini golf is pretty casual.. I'd avoid the skirt because you're going to be moving around a lot, and bbq is kinda messy so white shorts may not be a good idea either. Maybe Jean shorts with a flirty cute top. To make it look dressier and more datey pair it with a lot of accessories like ear rings, a necklace, and maybe a watch or bracelet.

As far as shoes go, flip flops are fine and casual, or a strappy sandal, but don't wear high heels while mini golfing unless you're really really used to walking in them. Paint your toe nails too. Maybe a fun summery color that matches the shirt you are wearing.

Good luck and have fun!

• I was thinking to myself why you didn't call flip flops thongs and then I remembered what American things were xD

What Guys Said 4

• Wear a top that is brownish-red so, if you spill barbecue sauce on yourself, no one will notice.

• Skirt is fine for that date.

• Dress comfortable since you are playing mini gold.

• U Mentioned first date, make yourself comfort & attractive...

What Girls Said 7

• I think you should dress casual.
    The shorts sound great.

I can't see you wearing a skirt and bending over to golf.
    You might give a man a heart attack... haha.
    If you plain to wear a skirt at least wear tights under it if you have.

Whatever you wear... I am sure you will look great!
    Have fun!

• Well, it doesn't sound like a formal date so I think you should probably dress more casual. White shorts would look good if you have a nice top to wear and sandals or something. That's casual but still would look like you put effort into your appearance :)

• If you want to wear a skirt, I say go for it. A skirt would look super cute for going out to dinner and then to mini-golfing. But if you decide not too, then maybe go for your jean shorts and a super cute shirt? You could wear a a pair of cute sandals or flats with your outfit as shoes.

• Maybe like a really nice top, and jeans, or leggings :) doing your hair, nails and make up, and adding accessories like some bracelets, and a necklace would make your outfit look really pretty, but not over done. :) there's nothing worse than being over dressed at something, but if you just wear what I suggested I think it'll be a great way to start off, hope that helped :)

• Skirt would look nice, but wear tights underneath. Flats would go great. As for a top, something simple and reasonably form fitting will do!

• I'd do the jean shorts with a nice top, or a rather long (like knee length) summery dress.

• I say go for the jean shorts!!!