How do you see a grown ass person wearing teenage clothing?

Kids or teenage type of clothing:

Someone always wearing hoodies, jeans, t-shirts, sneakers, sweats.

Does it give the impression they're still trying to be a kid or that they're a slacker without a fulfilling career?

P. S.
I don't mean people wearing these clothing sometimes - as in when they're being active or going to buy bread, but when they do absolutely everything - as in they don't have anything else in their wardrobe but that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's ok that you have that first impression. As long as you stop there. Give people a chance, they might show you that you had nothing to be scared about. And you know, not everybody has or want a career. I used to want/have one. I found out that it did not make me happy. Now I just want a job which won't make me unhappy and will enable me to live comfortable and happy outside the 9am-5pm time frame. I have personally no idea if I dress according to my age and frankly could not care less. Though if you judged me on that single criteria, you would miss a chance to meet someone who is open minded and don't judge people and who is willing to talk.

• I do, I really do and give people a chance. As you said it is important to give people the opportunity to change your mind. I'm open minded, never close minded. =)

• Well, then it's perfectly ok. First impressions can actually be very helpful in judging situations. It can even save your life. As long as you can judge when to give a chance to people and are able to go past your first impression, then all is well...

• Thanks for MHO :-)

What Guys Said 12

• y should be bad? first of all jeans or sneakers r very common among adults.

anyway... personally i'm really laid-back about how people dress. i'm ok seein wid for xample a guy wearin skirts or high-heels when they go out. i'd not laugh at him. people can dress as they want and feel comfortable... nobody should judge 'em for their dressin code.

as for myself i'll turn 24 this year but i still wear "teenage" clothes coz of 2 reasons... first of all i've got same body-shape wid average teen. so this type of clothin fits better on me.

and it's a matter of taste as well... i really hate suits :p

i tried once and i was lookin way too funny.

so am i considered immature coz of my dressin code? :(

• No... you're 23...
      I meant more people over 30... I just always presume they don't have fulfilling jobs and are trying to be more youthful - which is kind of sad.

• Even they wear a button down shirt once in a while...

• guess only when they go for some "formal" event.

• I honestly don't really care what people wear because I'm pretty laid back myself. I wear jeans, t-shirts, and hoodies when I can and I don't really ever see myself changing from that, even 10+ years down the line.

• I know what you mean I agree at different stages of your life you have to dress more or less age appropiate ( Thank you I now have mental image of middle aged man with his jeans hanging off showing his boxers )

• I wear jeans, sneakers and t-shirt every day. Except when I wear shorts. It has nothing to do with trying to be something, it's just more comfortable. And as far as being a slacker without a good career, the Silicon Valley (and my current and previous company) is full of very well paid people who dress like that. My boss who retired a year or so ago was 60 or so, and wore cowboy boots, jeans and Harley-Davidson t-shirts all the time, except a few days a year when he had meetings with customers.

• Yes, i see it often i think it's of for attention seeking and part of trying not to get old
    we all age sooner or later.

• I am 21 and wear flannels, sweatshirts, t's, long sleeves, jeans and sneakers. That is what I wear casually and when I skateboard. When I finish up with college and graduate school and have a career going I'd like to invest in some nicer clothing for casual wear. However, I will still be wearing what I wear now half the time.

• Plenty of software developers pull more than doctors rocking t-shirts and jeans... Basically what it means if that they are successful enough to not have to wear a monkey suit required by their boss.

• When it's their style and they're nice people, I can live with it :D

• I think geez... I wonder if he got his fix today

• Lol I'm 22 and that's my wardwobd.

Clothes are clothes there's no she limit

• ummmmm Dunno if I can comment on this cos 99% of the time I wear a Star Wars T shirt.

• And carry on wearing it, because that's your thing.

Why succumb to bullshit expectations when you can be happy in your preferred attire?

• Thank you SO much :-)

• We men have no incentives to dress nice.

What Girls Said 9

• wait... how cute and flattering are the jeans and sneakers and sweats?

umm... so you're implying that anyone over 30 needs to be clad in conservative, homely attire? Like suits and blouses? I get it if you only mean sweats, all the time... that's pretty casual, but I would also judge someone in their 20s for doing that... it would tell me that they just don't have style, not that they're not fulfilled or are making money. Maybe they are, who knows.

How do you know they're a slacker? How do you know they don't have a fulfilling career? What is fulfilling to them may not be fulfilling to you. Does everyone need to have a 9-5 desk job where they wear suits and conservative clothing in order to be "fulfilled"?

I am creative, and the vast, vast majority of my 30+ friends are creatives. Many of them work from home or are entrepreneurs. They run their own show. They wear whatever they want. Hell, I don't own a suit, and never will. However, I don't schlep around in sweats and sneakers necessarily all day, because I like looking good.

I see nurses dressed in scrubs and trainers all the time. Maybe they're fulfilled? I'm over 30 and still shop at Forever 21! I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

• It usually looks bad to me when the person is in their 40s-50s doing so.
    To me it looks immature.
    I was walking behind a woman with tight jeans (multi-colored), bright hair, and I thought it was a young teen girl.
    When she returned around I saw a very mature face.
    It looks bad.

Grown people that are 20s-30s can get away with this look.
    Especially, if it isn't their only look.

• I'll be one of those people when I grow old, because "teenage" clothes are a fuckload comfier AND nicer looking than old people clothes.

Why would I want to dress like an old hag?
    Fekin lame-ass trowsers, floral blouses and other bullshit attire one "ought to" wear depending on age.

I don't believe in "dressing my age". I believe in wearing whatever the fuck I want because I like it, and if that annoys some uptight wankers - GOOD.

• Doesn't annoy me... Just makes me wonder about their life.

• Whoa whoa whoa... Veering off topic.

Stick to what you're talking about.

I'm SOLELY talking about responsible, fun loving adults who wear whatever the fuck they want bc... Who gives a shit.

I know nothing about some loser trying to hang out w your kid sister and that has nothing to do with me, my values, lifestyles, ideals, nor with the ones of any of the people I choose to associate with, regardless of their choice of clothing.

You're going through a frustrating situation, and I empathize with you, but out of your anger you're attempting to paint a bunch of people in their 30s who dress a certain way w the same brush. Furthermore, what I do or said no longer applies to this. I don't dress in sweats all day, nor do I know anyone who does. I have way more style than that, and I don't try to hang w younger people, they sometimes try to hang w me. And by young I mean 25.

So I'm done here, good luck, all the best, and please no more mentions for this question. I've moved on.
      Next!

• Haha sorry... @littlepisces2727 - was just kidding. xD

• I tend to think they have a mental problem. Or they are trying way to hard to hold on to their youth. :-)

• I honestly think they wear what is comfortable. I live in Texas and once it does start getting cold many people who are not teens wear that type of clothing when they aren't at work. I don't think they wear this clothing to be young.

• if its their style... i don't have a problem with it

• I assume they're a little more childish at heart

• I think it is okay to seat them. They just have to pick the ones that are for adults.

• Reminds me of madonna. Like wyd