Girls, tell is about your "little black dress"?

What does it look like?

What were you thinking of when you went shopping for it?

What do you feel when you wear it?

What are some tips for people buying their first little black dress?

15

Most Helpful Girl

• It's sleeveless, fits like a glove, with a narrow straight skirt. The fabrics are all warm blacks, but multiple textures. The neckline is lower in the back than in the front and the hem is a length I could just barely get away with wearing to work - not teenybopper, but far from prudish.
    I made it for a new year's party when I was heartbroken and very much craving admiring male attention. I wanted to play up my toned arms and tiny waist but play down my ample butt and sprinter's thighs. I wanted to show some skin without freezing in the winter cold.
    Wearing it made me feel sexy and polished. It's as comfortable as PJs, but it got me exactly the kind of attention I wanted. It makes me look both leaner and curvier and gives me confidence and I feel Cinderella beautiful. I wish I had more excuses to wear it.
    What a fun question - I've never heard another guy express any awareness of the LBD!

What Girls Said 14

• Little black dress is just a spaghetti strap silk dress, it's suitable for going out to a function, a night out and or just shopping. It's the type of dress that you can dress up or dress down and very versatile thats what I look for when buying a black dress

• It's a sun dress, not anything fancy enough for a nice party.

It has cut outs that reveal white pieces of fabric underneath the black, so the black flowers move int he breeze and show the white flower fabric. It's difficult to explain, so in short it's an black sun dress, haha.

• I've got a few, actually. Some short and some a little longer (above the knee, though)
    I like how they show off my legs and curves and that they can be quite versatile for a multitude of functions.

• Well it's little. And black.

• I bought my little black dress for a school performance. When I first saw it I was like "I want that, it's perfect for the occasion". I happily bought it and it's totally worth it because you can never go wrong with a little black dress and it can be worn over & over again for various occasions.
    When I wear it I feel elegant, plus black looks great, and I'm quite sure it looks great on other people as well.
    My tips for buying the lbd is to find one with a great fabric, a good length, and most importantly, that fits well. Whether it's tight or flowy, depends on the girl. I personally prefer flowy.
    My little black dress is like the shape of the one linked below
    www.quizclothing.co.uk/clothes/00100003995.html
    Except mine is all black (obviously) with silver details.

• Do you have a little black dress fetish?

• No. Trying to understand how women think when shopping. So I can be helpful if a girlfriend asks my opinion when we go shopping.

• I have a lot of black dresses but the first one I ever bought was when I was working in retail. It was a black slink dress with short sleeves and a mock neck. This means that it was a pullover stretch dress with ruched sides. I loved it because it was simple and stylish. Also I could stuff it in my purse and pull it out and wear it without having to iron it. The best part is that you can accessorize it anyway you want. I still have it but I'm debating on whether to keep it or donate it.

• 1.
    1.bp.blogspot.com/.../PicMonkey+Collage+5.jpg
    2. I want something that suits my body.
    3. Hot
    4. Try it on first before you buy.

• It's legit little... even on 5'1 me. I can't even bend over slightly in it, and it has a zipper all the way up the front so I can make the plunging neckline even plungier.

• Sounds like a dangerous dress haha

• @Littlett25 bahha I haven't actually worn it yet, I'm saving it for next Saturday when I'm down in Austin bar hoppin' with my mom.

• Your mummy is going to watch you break hearts! You could do it together OMG

• it's black. it's made of material. I bought it at a store.

... why do you want to know all this info?

• I don't own a LBD. I have a little black skirt lol. I like it because I can dress it up or down.

• Do you mean the one I don't have? hahahaha

• Sure. Tell me about the one you wish you have.

Help me to understand what ladies love about their "little black dress".

• To be honest I don't recall the last time I wore a dress.

• Knee length, Quite fit.
    Nothing, I just wanted to buy something.
    I don't feel that comfortable.
    Buy the one you like.

Amusing question though :D

• gift from my boyfriend ♡

sweetheart neckline textured mock brocade all black