Afraid to express myself?

For most of my life I've found my comfort zone in jeans and T-shirts. Most days my hair is either in a ponytail or just down. But I'm sick with my look. I really want to wear cuter stuff, but I'm afraid of what people will think. Some of my friends think I'm weird just for wearing nail polish. They say it doesn't suit me or that I'm "turning into a girl" (last I checked I'd always had a vagina). This school year I really want to spice up my style with some cuter clothes and I want to wear my hair a different way, but I'm afraid of what people will say. Any advice or words of wisdom?

Most Helpful Guy

• lol dont give a flying fuck about what people say... do WHATEVER YA want... you get me fam?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't follow what they say.

Do your thing.

Dressing up cute isn't weird.

What Guys Said 2

• The only person that matters what they think of your style is you. Use your internal compass as your guide. You can always reject or veto what others think.

• Wow that was deep... thanks!

• Dress for yourself not others.

What Girls Said 3

• don't care about what others say

• Hi anonymous. I can understand where you're coming from. I just recently chopped most of my hair off. I didn't even care if anyone approved because I did it for me. I think the best thing to do is look at clothes you like ( online, in store, Pinterest) as well as hairstyles and go for it. Most likely people will like the new look. Always remember: those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. True friends will encourage. Best of Luck

• Thanks! This really helped :)

• You sound like my friend who is scared of wearing her hair down

• Haha yeah except I'm afraid of wearing it up 😁 one day I wore it in a bun and all my friends flipped out