What body type am I and how should I dress to flatter said body type?

I'm 5'9", 154lbs, 19 years old

My measurements are:
bust - 38" (without a bra), 36" (with a bra), and I'm a 32FF
waist - 27
hips - 36

most online calculators have given me "straight/rectangle/ruler" as my shape and said that I should wear low-rise jeans as a way to flatter my body but they are the least flattering (low and medium rise pants ALWAYS show my butt, which is pretty small anyways but still) and I prefer high waisted pants.

0|0
4|4

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• I put your measurements in on bodyshape calculator and got Top Hourglass - There is info on what to wear as well
    www.shopyourshape.com/.../

0|0
    0|0
    • I used that same site and got rectangle?

• Show All
    • well i put 36 as my bust measurement bc that's how much my bust measurement is when i'm wearing a bra and I never go braless so for clothing I want to know clothing that fits a 36" bust

• That is a fair assumption stick with the 36" then

• Small hourglass you look good

0|0
    0|0
    • You don't know what I look like but thanks?

• Show All
    • Have a good night :D

• i'm really confused? if you're talking about my profile picture of course that's me (i cropped out my friend tho) but ok fine good night?

• what about your legs? do you think you ahve very flattering legs too?

0|0
    0|0
  • you bra size?

0|0
    0|0
    • I posted that but thanks?

• Show All
    • Um no I don't and this is starting to get creepy okay?

• hımm ok..

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, higher rise jeans will give you more curve. Low rise jeans make people look more straight.

1|0
    0|0
  • hmm I'm not sure: here are my measurements if it helps (I'm pear-shaped), 5'8 bust- 34, waist- 28, hips 34. I know that for me high waisted pants make my hips look way big, I tend to go for the straight/boot cut from Banana Republic or the skinny cut from Joe's jeans. If you are pear-shaped, then you should go for clothes that balance out your top half because the bottom half will look bigger. I go for clothes that aren't clingy to my chest and have a nice boatneck cut. Hope I helped.

0|0
    0|0
    • If anything I know I'm definitely not pear shaped bc while I do have wider hips than waist I don't really have much butt to speak of

• Hour glass maybe

0|1
    0|0