Support from a bra?

Ladies, is it the straps or the bra band that provide support? Am I correct in assuming wider straps would be more supportive than thinner straps?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The band should provide 90% of the support. Your knowledge of rudimentary physics is sound however - wider straps provide more support (they're for comfort more than support).

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• the band does a great deal for support the straps are there to stop if you like the bra from moving either up or down the body

0|0
    0|0
  • most of it should come from the band... I highly recommend getting a professional fitting! Most peopl are wearing the wrong size bra, generally too big of a band that rides up. Wider straps can be more comfortable for some but isn't where most of the support/shaping should come from.

0|0
    0|0
  • bra band does most of the work for me, though wider straps help too

0|0
    0|0
  • The band. But the bigger th boobs the more support you need. So say you have DDD you need the wider straps to give more support. the band is made wider too for wider sizes.

0|0
    0|0
  • The band should provide the most support. However, a woman with larger breasts should wear a bra with thick straps to distribute the weight over a larger area of skin. This prevents the straps from digging in.
    Thick straps can be more comfortable for this reason, but they won't keep the girls in place!

0|0
    0|0
  • The band is what provides most of the support. The straps just keep the cups and band from shifting.

0|0
    0|0